Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
On the subject of Courtney...I wanted the Wiz to trade him since the deadline. What a freakin bust! He was totally ineffective in Collins'system, and he played absolutely NO defense. Courtney couldn't lock down a good college player, let alone a real NBA talent. He couldn't finish around the basket, and he took horrible shots. Juan is twice the player CA is right now...at least he plays d.

However, I have mixed feelings on the Juan drafting. He's not a pg, and doesn't have the instincts to become one. But he plays solid defense, he shoots the gaps, and he can shoot. That in itself makes him better than Whitney and Lue, and in some aspects, Hughes.

I also have mixed feelings on the Hughes signing. He has tons of potential...as a shooting guard. He can create his own shot, and at times he can get others involved. However, he can't shoot past 20 ft which is pathetic, and he's undisciplined on defense. Maybe Collins and MJ can help his shooting woes this offseason.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.