Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's the title this team will earn at the end of the year. We should be beating Florida, but no. We have to lose focus again, we have to suck again. No Dickie V, Florida isn't playing with a huge new spring in their step, UK is just playing like something I barfed up a few weeks ago. There maybe a spring in UF's step, but it shouldn't make this big of a difference. UK has gone from fun to watch, to fist-clinching, eye-wincing pain. For the past few games, it's been hard for me to look forward to UK games. I can't take this anymore. Next year can't come fast enough.

49-43, UF. UK has one field goal in the last 7:00, Hawkins is getting beat, Drejer just hit a shot, Erik Daniels gets called for 3 seconds, and I'm sick of this game. I dare to say I'm sick of this season. I dare to say I'm sick of this team. I swear, I'm about to go insane.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Are you kidding me? Kentucky is going to win this damn game.

Lucky ****s. :upset:

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. Kentucky just won. Someone wake me up, I must be dreaming.

Call it luck, but I assure you it's not. With a team full of so many tried and true veterans, we know what it takes to win the close games, especially when we're playing a team like Florida, who is primarily young. Great last 5:00 though, and I take back some of my comments about the team, but they are still in-game inconsistent, and that's something that needs to be fixed right away.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to turn this into the 'Trash Anthony Roberson' thread. Not for jacking up that awful shot (that's 15% of the reason), but for getting shut down down the stretch by Cliff after talking trash to him the whole game. That was really getting to me. Talking to Hawkins, trashing Hawkins' defense, and blowing Hawkins a kiss when he made that sweet spin move on him. Tubby took Hawkins out of the game, and when Hawkins came back in, there was no longer a smile on Roberson's face (damn it, I can't form an insulting name out of Roberson's last name :upset: ).

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Roberson is a punk. I was glad to see Hawkins take over at the end and make him look stupid. and that really was a poor shot by Roberson with 8 seconds still remaining. a off balance fade away 3 with 2 people in your face? what a horrific shot with plenty of time to get a better look. I dont like Florida and thoroughly enjoyed the fact that the team and their fans thought they had the game won than have it slip away in the last 2 minutes.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Dang UKFan - talk about bipolar.... are you forgetting to take your meds? :D

I thought BOTH teams played very well tonight and KY just got lucky enough to have the last run. When UK got out of its defense (read- put stockton in the game) we shifted the momentum over to UF and they were drilling their (mostly contested) shots from ALL over the court.

The thing that PISSED me off was our free throw shooting... ONE more made free throw and this game would have been already decided in the last three seconds instead of being in doubt.

As it was it was the BIG plays at the end of the game that got KY the W. Huge 3 pointer by Buike. Huge steal by Hawk. Huge defense by UK that rattled the Gators into throwing the ball away. Huge defense by UK that made Roberson shoot (I use that term loosely in this case) that VERY ill advised, leaning, running acrobat, wish and a prayer, I want to be the hero and redeem myself for missing the game winning shot last year shot.

Now... all we have to do is beat SC at home (perhaps easier said than done) and hope for a Miss St stumble somewhere!

One thing great about this game... THE BENCH DID NOT LOOK LIKE GRADE SCHOOLERS! On the other hand... I am not sure what is up with Stockton but that boy can give up points more quickly than anyone I have ever seen!

Barbour looked solid out there tonight and I hope that he will continue to roll. Woo is looking better and just needs a few more games to get into the swing. Carrier is playing solid ball when he is in the game and only had one bad pass that I remember (why is he so afraid to shoot?)

Cats look like they may have taken what Tubby said this week to heart - they played 40 minutes of basketball and only looked sloppy for a few minutes when UF was ON FIRE and Roberson was hitting contested shots + Dreijer was going nuts. Vitale was... well, Vitale. Anyway... if the Cats can stay focused, they can win.

Here is to peaking at the right time!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thank you oh thank you Kentucky...

I loved this game. I hope VU can do even better saturday...but still, I truely loved this game.

The look on those Florida chicks faces when Walsh stepped out of bounds, thus ending the hope...it was priceless.

And yes, Cliff taking Roberson to school late in the game was as well.

I am completely against Walsh or Roberson. I can't stand either one. Mainly because of their attitudes and somewhat their game. Walsh, ever since last season rubbed me the wrong way with some of the things he'd try to do in pure garbage time. Plus the guy can't make a dribble move without turning the ball, walking, or even double dribbling. The last 2 points he had in that game, I thought Vitale would point out he was carrying the ball, not once but twice on that play...yet he didn't for some reason. I mean, it was very clear.

Roberson pissed me off last year when VU and UF went to OT, and he was at the free throw line, and made a throat slash at the crowd. He then, of course, missed his foul shot, VU drove down and tied it. But when Walsh walked his way to a last second shot for the win, he did it again. Plus, Roberson can't shoot from the outside if you put someone on him. And that's all he can hit...either a layup or a wide open 3. I think the guy is very overrated.

Needless to say, when both of them came in a couple of weeks ago, they heard it from the crowd...and Mario pretty much shut down Roberson. Walsh had his moments, but his attitude got the crowd on him.

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone else has noticed the little Gator punks on that team. It is a shame, because I think David Lee is one of the better players in the conference.

And what was with Vitale saying Drejer is their best passer? I don't know where he got that from. He had about 3 or 4 turnovers against VU, had 2-3 against Louisville as well as Maryland earlier this year. Still, he may be their best, cause they usually average a good number of turnovers.

Good game, I personally love it anytime that Florida losses...especially this current Gator team..with those two on it.

I hope VU can take them down again saturday...because they are a way better team than Florida and need to get some road wins.

I hope Kentucky takes it to South Carolina. Expect a bunch of cheap shots when the try to move across the paint. Still, I think Hayes and Daniels won't back down from that kind of play. I think if Smith plays the Lukasz kid, he could get 10 points, 4-5 boards on them. They really don't have any size...and they will double team as much as they can inside the key. Let them take it to Daniels and Hayes, then dump it off to him. I think Tubby will see that and exploit it.

Good win UK.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
No offense UKFan, but I told you earlier in the season after the loss to Louisville, that Kentucky's inconsistent offense is going to make the season like this the rest of the way. Fortunately for the Cats they play some serious defense.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BrYaNBaIlEy06</b>!
This is just plain stupid, it always happens to Kentucky in close games, really gets me mad. :upset:
What gets you mad?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I loved Anthony Roberson as a player until I watched this game. He's like those guys in the NFL that are down by 30 and do a 15 second dance when they score a touchdown. Get over yourself kid! You got the best of Hawk a few times, but who was laughing last???

Barbour and Kaz looked better in this game than in the previous couple, keep it up guys!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Originally posted by <b>UKBlueInMyBlood</b>!

What gets you mad?

that Kentucky always seem to pull out of close games.

but, I was actually cheering for Kentucky, it made our RPI look that much better, and I just plain out hate Florida.

·
Registered
292 Posts
You can call it luck, but they still had to make plays to pull out the win. Give them credit: they did that.

Just like our game with them. They may have gotten lucky with the ball going right to Daniels but he still made the play to win it. And last night, they stepped up and made plays to win this game. As for Florida...oiy...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts