Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm GLAD, the Clippers DIDN'T sign Arenas

After, looking at the way he's playing. I'm VERY HAPPY, Gilbert Arenas chose to sign with the Wizards.
I never could imagine him deferring to Brand and Maggette.
He's a MAJOR talent, but, not a winner.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
dhook54 said:
After, looking at the way he's playing. I'm VERY HAPPY, Gilbert Arenas chose to sign with the Wizards.
I gotta disagree, Arenas would've been great on the Clippers, who exactly should he be deferring anything to in Washington?

Antawn Jamison & Caron Butler are the only players worth a damn on that team and they're never going beyond role players. If Arenas didn't carry the Wizards on his back, they'd be battling with the Knicks right now for worst overall.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,346 Posts
Re: I'm GLAD, the Clippers DIDN'T sign Arenas

dhook54 said:

Wow................................................................................... Your crazy.

You replace Corey or Mobley with Arenas...... You got a title contention team.... EASY.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

CDRacingZX6R said:
Wow................................................................................... Your crazy.

You replace Corey or Mobley with Arenas...... You got a title contention team.... EASY.
really?
chemistry is an important factor.
Arenas is a shoot b4 pass, point guard.
On a team with EB as a 1st option, that wouldn't work at all.
Arenas isn't what the Clippers need.
His game doesn't include team.

·
Retired
17,911 Posts

Ah, the unlucky results of a coin flip. Would have been a great sight to see Arenas on this team. A player like him you can't pass up, regardless if he is a shoot first while pass later type of player.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts

1st of all Arenas shoots so much because he plays for the Wizards. No offense to them, but he should be taking the majority of the shots.

I dunno about you but ill take a PG who scores 30 per game and dishes out 6 assists to go along with almost 2 steals.

Arenas' game does include team. Did you watch the playoffs last year when he played against the Bulls. I remember him going off early in a few games and then, when he would blow past his defender he would stop at the foul line and rack up assists all night long.

Arenas has never played with a player like Elton Brand. The closest might have been in GS or at Arizona. GS he played with Jamison, Murphy, J-Rich, and Hughes. At Arizona he played with Jason Garder, Richard Jefferson, Loren Woods, Michael Wright (the closest player to Brand he has played with), and Luke Walton. Arenas is a team player, but just because he shoots more then anyone on his team and is the NBA's 4th leading scorer makes him a selfish PG?

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,346 Posts

dhook54 said:
really?
chemistry is an important factor.
Arenas is a shoot b4 pass, point guard.
On a team with EB as a 1st option, that wouldn't work at all.
Arenas isn't what the Clippers need.
His game doesn't include team.

The best part of the word chemistry is that no one knows if there would or wouldnt have been. I believe Brand and the Clippers team could have worked towards chemistry. Arenas.. Championship..

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
The way I see it..

The Clippers aren't real threats at the moment, they have a chance to beat the Mavs but I wouldn't put any money on it. Switch Arenas with someone else, and you got yourself the Pacific Division Title. Elton Brand has never been a successful first option in his career, he is a KG-like player (that is needing great teammates to do anything), not a real 1st option IMO. Put a superstar like Arenas, 24 years old? in front of him and you got..wow

Don't even wanna think about it, lol

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Mavs Maniac said:
The way I see it..

The Clippers aren't real threats at the moment, they have a chance to beat the Mavs but I wouldn't put any money on it. Switch Arenas with someone else, and you got yourself the Pacific Division Title. Elton Brand has never been a successful first option in his career, he is a KG-like player (that is needing great teammates to do anything), not a real 1st option IMO. Put a superstar like Arenas, 24 years old? in front of him and you got..wow

Don't even wanna think about it, lol
EB not a sucessful first option? Have you watched any CLips games this year? Its like me saying Dirk sucks and we all know that is not true.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.