Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else ever noticed that the "View from a Bulls Fan" features on Chisports.com seem to feature some of the most idiotic fans in history? The feature seems like a good idea, but whoever the editor is who selects the story seems to have a knack for picking a total moron 90% of the time... Here is a small sample of fans' letters that I found.

By Justin Swanson, September 13, 2001
Here's this guy's REALISTIC view before the beginning of this past season: I have a very positive and realistic view. Some people wonder when the Bulls will return to respectability. I say it is this year. Bottom line: Don't be surprised if you are jumping on the bandwagon and rooting for the "Cinderella" Chicago Bulls in the 2002 NBA Playoffs. Nice to hear from an optimist. An optimist on crack, but an optimist nonetheless.

By Roger Evans, October 11, 2001
The addition of Charles Oakley, Eddie Robinson, Greg Anthony and Kevin Ollie that will make the difference this year. I would rip on that comment, but he didn’t say what kind of difference it would make.
If they play Oakley, Robinson, Marcus Fizer, Fred Hoiberg, and Ron Mercer when the game is being decided, they will have toughness and scoring power from all positions. I look for the Bulls to win between 30 and 40 games this year. Forget 30-40 wins. With that lineup, I smell championship!

By Kevin Kong, October 25, 2001
With Oakley and Fizer, the Bulls have players that have range and two threats that can score.
Ummmm. OK, let’s see here… one…. and, uh… hmmm.. no, I only count one.

By Andrew Altschul, December 6, 2001
Bulls fans need to show a little more patience with Tim Floyd.
I hope that 2 1/2 more weeks worth of patience was good enough.

By Vlad Radovanov, February 7, 2002
Just prior to the Rose trade: Why would he have any great impact on the Bulls? He wouldn't. OOPS! Does he realize that his comment is STILL posted on Chisports?

By Matt Mauer, March 14, 2002
The Bulls are five years away from respectability. He either means dog years or he doesn’t know how to count. Crawford will easily be a future MVP. I must not understand what MVP stands for… Eddie Robinson was a waste of money and talent. Lots of talent, injury-prone… I thought Erob was on pace for MVP!

By Pete Ryan, May 9, 2002, 6:53 PM CDT
If the Bulls are fortunate enough to be in position to draft Jason Williams, the first thing they should do is trade him to Philadelphia along with Marcus Fizer for Allen Iverson. On a positive note, Iverson doesn’t have any family in the Chicago area that I’m aware of. Iverson could get a fresh start and if there is one guy who can get a player to show up for practice, it would be Bill Cartwright. PRACTICE? PRACTICE?!?!? HE WAS A LEAGUE MVP AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS PRACTICE?!?!?

There's a lot more of these, but I don't want to create the biggest thread ever. if you want more, let me know.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
As someone who has been published twice in "Fans view" on that trib site......

I enjoy it as much as I enjoy different boards. It's just for fun. Same as these boards. It's merely opinion. Right, wrong, half empty, half full......

Can't blame them for incorporated a fan's section. Can't blame them for not getting better letters from the fans.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I used to feel as you did....Kramer

....then I stopped reading them...(unless there was just nothing else going on so I did....)which is why they probably posted them in the first place!! :laugh:

Originally posted by <b>chifaninca</b>!

Can't blame them for incorporated a fan's section. Can't blame them for not getting better letters from the fans.
Don't you mean, you CAN blame them for not getting better letters from fans?:confused:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Hey guys, its a 'View from a Fan'. The key word here is 'fan'. Fans aren't always the most knowledgable, but they do have one thing in common... they want their team to get better. Couple this lack of knowledge with the eternal patience and optimism of Chicago fans and you get... the finished product. It makes for a decent read, and I'm not complaining.

Eh.

VD

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Kramer</b>!

There's a lot more of these, but I don't want to create the biggest thread ever. if you want more, let me know.

LOL. Wait...

I think I'm partially to blame for this. I was published early on in 'View from a Bulls fan'. Unknowingly I didn't see the post but my friends did. So I emailed the editor (George) from Chicagosports and he told me they didn't archive the posts.

Coincidentally about two weeks later they started to archive the postings. And yes, they have gotten progressively worse as time went on. So I guess these babies will fester on the site forever! Haha.

Hey.

VD

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Re: Re: I'm Sick of "View from a Bulls Fan"!

Originally posted by <b>Vin Diesel</b>!

LOL. Wait...

I think I'm partially to blame for this. I was published early on in 'View from a Bulls fan'. Unknowingly I didn't see the post but my friends did. So I emailed the editor (George) from Chicagosports and he told me they didn't archive the posts.

Coincidentally about two weeks later they started to archive the postings. And yes, they have gotten progressively worse as time went on. So I guess these babies will fester on the site forever! Haha.

Hey.

VD
what I was saying more or less was, that they too, could be taken with a grain of salt, much like some posts here.....some make me laugh, others make me thankful I am a Bulls fan, while yet the few make me proud that I am so smart!! lol:laugh:

oh, what you got against Scott Baio?? thats the little wanker from happy days, no?:cool:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I'm Sick of "View from a Bulls Fan"!

Originally posted by <b>BamaBull</b>!

what I was saying more or less was, that they too, could be taken with a grain of salt, much like some posts here.....some make me laugh, others make me thankful I am a Bulls fan, while yet the few make me proud that I am so smart!! lol:laugh:

oh, what you got against Scott Baio?? thats the little wanker from happy days, no?:cool:

<b> VIEW FROM A CHACHI FAN: </b>

Scott Baio is a pimp. Young Chachi has dated the likes of Nicole Eggert, Nicolette Sheridan, Heather Locklear, Denise Richards, and everyone's favorite Pamela Anderson. OMG. I think Hef has already given Chachi a spare set of keys to his mansion. Holla.

VD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts