Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Obviously he would have been a great fit. Buss has us on the don't take on more salary plan. Buss is gonna have us stuck in mediocrity for some time. Because when he actually says okay spend money he's gonna find out that players aren't gonna break their necks to come play for the Almighty Lakers. I think the Yao or Amare gameplan is a pipedream they aren't leaving their teams.

Maybe Lebron does in 3 years because of his endorsements and visibility but I wouldn't bank on it either.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
-D! said:
Then we would have the privelage of having three guys on our team who need the ball in their hands to be successful.

Apperently Chucky needs the ball in his hands, who would you rather have it? Atkins or Davis?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
This was actually his first really good game in 14. Anyway, it was never his ability to play basketball that was douted, merely his ability to stay healthy, which still certainly hasn't been proven. I am not saying he wouldn't have been worth getting as cheaply as the Warriors did, however,

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LuckyAC said:
This was actually his first really good game in 14. Anyway, it was never his ability to play basketball that was douted, merely his ability to stay healthy, which still certainly hasn't been proven. I am not saying he wouldn't have been worth getting as cheaply as the Warriors did, however,

I agree that he has some major health issues.. And that its scary thinking about the future. But this has been his first game in 14 where he has been considered somewhat healthy. He iced and used electric stimulus throughout the game agisnt the suns, so he isnt completely back. But trading say Devon, atkins, vlade or something like that for him.. Would have been worth it dispite his health problems. And in terms of battle of the egos, I think Kobe and Davis could co-exist. I say this because Davis has said numous times that he's a fan of Bryants, and its his dream to play on the lakers growing up. I think he would have fit in nicely.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-D! said:
If Baron was the reason we couldn't afford to bring in a big sometime soon, then I'll take Chucky for now.

Id be more worried about that problem with some of the players we have now.. Like Grant.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
I'm not all that upset about us not going after Davis harder. This is actually the first really good game he's had in a while. Plus, he's always injured. It's bad enough that Kobe is always missing games here and there. Davis doesn't just miss games, he misses months of the season with injuries. Those injuries seem to stem from a lack of conditioning. In other words, he's probably going to keep getting injured as long as he's overweight. Plus, as "-D" mentioned above, he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He has no off the ball game to speak of. We've already got a problem getting Lamar involved without the ball. Imagine getting both Baron and Lamar involved without the ball? I'd much rather have an impact post-scorer than another wing player that needs shots to be effective.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
#s wise he may have struggled but he changed the whole way the Warriors go about their business. Even if he doesnt get the assists the way he penetrates and passes opened up everything for them and thats why theyve played well lately. Baron would be great here, Chuck plays no D!

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
-D! said:
We don't need someone else that penetrates and dishes off to the open man. He would not be a great fit.
oh he would do much more than that. Baron is an all around great player which is what any team needs. As long as he is healthy he is a top 3 point guard in the league, his health status is a question mark though.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
We need a better point guard than Chucky Atkins. If you don't get a chance to see LA play, and mostly read boxscores you'd think Chucky is playing well, but he's not. He'd serve are team much better coming off the bench, because he coud provide instant offense. As far as playmaking, running the break, doing the types of things a point guard does, he doesn't. Chucky is a scorer, not a point. We've got to find someone in the offseason.

·
Registered
885 Posts
your team is wise not to go after davis. i think he is on the verge of falling apart . his health is in decline. he has been missing more and more games these last several years and i seriously doubt it will ever get better. what your team needs is john bender of the pacers- now there is a profile of reliability. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
He is easily a top 3 guard when he is healthy. Remember a couple of seasons ago (I think), he started off the season so well playing up to his potential that everyone was saying he was the top MVP candidate. There is never a doubt to his playing ability.

But it's his inability to stay healthy that is the problem. He is just way too injury-prone. And it is only going to get worse IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts