Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a team that cleared out a ton of cap room and has a ton of young talent. Barbosa looks great to me. Carbarkpa is a rising star. Phoenix probably wont win tonight but they are hanging around. THey played the nearly all 7 foot front line for 2 minutes tonight (Jake, Lampe and Zarko). Lampe is raw and needs some work but you can clearly see he has skills and mobility. Joe Johnson is playing great and Jacobsen is a shooter. throw in Amare and its not a bad team. Barbosa and Vujanic can get it done for you at the 1. if they do get Kobe and are willing to pay some of these young guys (Barbosa, Amare, Vujanic, Lampe, Zarko, Jacobsen, Marion who is already a top flight 3, Johnson) then watch out. It seems that things are going to come together for them soon enough. They clearly will not have the worst record in basketball this year. Add in the 2 number one picks and we are talking about potential dynasty if they get Kobe. Very scary

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
If If get IF they should win If by 2005. If they dont get IF, If will head again to the lottery. If, If, If.

If Chandler...
If Curry
If Kobe..

If
If
If

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!
If If get IF they should win If by 2005. If they dont get IF, If will head again to the lottery. If, If, If.

If Chandler...
If Curry
If Kobe..

If
If
If

:rolleyes:
I dont think its really a case of IF with these guys. They have a ton of young talent there. They have cap space. They have 2 very high picks next year. The only IF is Kobe. IF KOBE comes, this team wins a title within 3 years. and we arent talking about one title, we are talking about multiple titles. The young guys are playing well and the talent is there. The only ? is Kobe

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

I dont think its really a case of IF with these guys. They have a ton of young talent there. They have cap space. They have 2 very high picks next year. The only IF is Kobe. IF KOBE comes, this team wins a title within 3 years. and we arent talking about one title, we are talking about multiple titles. The young guys are playing well and the talent is there. The only ? is Kobe
they also need to find a quality center..maybe they could get one with one of the 2 picks, but they do need one..

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Phoenix is a class organization. Unlike the Bulls. You won't see the Suns in the cellar for more than a few years. They have good scouting. They develop their young guys. Have no problems with playing them.

What they are doing this year is saying, well we're not going to win a championship, so lets get rid of the contracts, and dedicate this season to developing our young guys and make a run in free agency.

They are already far more supportive of their young guys than we have ever been of ours. And in addition they probably have made wiser selections given their picks...

Suns are a good organization.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Chicago's a lot like DC no good thing can ever come out of there. The collecrive attitude of the people is very negative. Both cities have some of the worst sports franchises in every major sport. A coincidence I think not....

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
A concern Phoenix should have is that they could be developing too many young players. They just have to look at the Bulls to see that too many young players doesn't equal wins.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Benny the Bull</b>!
A concern Phoenix should have is that they could be developing too many young players. They just have to look at the Bulls to see that too many young players doesn't equal wins.
But in contrast to the Bulls they have players like Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudamire that are already proven commodities, and if they add Kobe Bryant they are pretty much done rebuilding.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

Well, that only IF you see and that only ? you see are the biggest IF and ? you can come across. So if Kobe lands elsewhere they wont compete for a ring?
Even if Kobe signs, Amare is a Free Agent in 2 seasons, Marion has a gigantic contract, Vujanic or Barbosa will probably leave the organization since theres only place for 1 (If they are going to be as good as you think they wont be backing up each other), and Lampe is a biggest question mark than the 1st overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft. Really I dont see them being a championship contender in the near future, we shall see after this offseason.
Colangelo is cutting payroll everywhere, from Baseball to Hoops.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Well, that only IF you see and that only ? you see are the biggest IF and ? you can come across. So if Kobe lands elsewhere they wont compete for a ring?
Even if Kobe signs, Amare is a Free Agent in 2 seasons, Marion has a gigantic contract, Vujanic or Barbosa will probably leave the organization since theres only place for 1 (If they are going to be as good as you think they wont be backing up each other), and Lampe is a biggest question mark than the 1st overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft. Really I dont see them being a championship contender in the near future, we shall see after this offseason.
Colangelo is cutting payroll everywhere, from Baseball to Hoops.
Lets assume they strike out on Kobe this summer, all they have to do is wait til the following summer when Tmac is a FA. They will have flexibility to get that superstar. But with Amare, they might already have that guy. Who knows. But I rate Barbosa, Lampe and Cabarkapa very highly, Vujanic is a stud and JJ looks like he is finally getting it. Role players like Jacobsen are already in place. This team has done an excellent job putting the pieces in place. I doubt Kobe says no to this

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts

Lets assume they strike out on Kobe this summer, all they have to do is wait til the following summer when Tmac is a FA. They will have flexibility to get that superstar. But with Amare, they might already have that guy. Who knows. But I rate Barbosa, Lampe and Cabarkapa very highly, Vujanic is a stud and JJ looks like he is finally getting it. Role players like Jacobsen are already in place. This team has done an excellent job putting the pieces in place. I doubt Kobe says no to this
I believe <b>rlucas4257!</b> is right on the money about Phoenix. I don't even think they need Kobe. Adding Kobe would be nice, but they've got a tremendous future.

Finally Isaiah Thomas is helping a franchise improve.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Suns future is bright but they still need a couple good things to happen. It could be their young kids developing but adding a Kobe or a TMAC to this nucleas would do it for sure.

Lampe looked like he is years away in his first game. He sure has the size and mobility for his skill set, however.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
If Phoenix wins an NBA Title before 2010, I will buy everyone that posted in this thread some Carson Ribs. It wont happen. Watch and see.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If Phoenix wins an NBA Title before 2010, I will buy everyone that posted in this thread some Carson Ribs. It wont happen. Watch and see.
saved and filed mate! :D

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I am also impressed. I think Barbosa is the real deal. He's primed to be a top 5 PG in the NBA, mark my words. This kid can definitely play, and on both sides of the ball.

Obviously the X-factor in all of this is Kobe. I think Marion is much better suited as being a great #2 guy -- like a Pippen. He is a truly versatile player who can do just about everything on the court, but he just isn't quite a go-to-guy in my opinion. Or at least not a go-to-guy on a top tier team.

Some of you might think I'm crazy, but I don't really like Stoudamire on that team if they can get Kobe. I think they'd be much better served by having a workhorse at PF rather than a dumba$$ kid with stars and dollar signs in his eyes. He's talented, but I don't think he has the attitude of a champion.

If they sign Kobe, I'd see about pulling off a draft day trade for Okafor. He seems like an ideal fit with Kobe and Marion. That core, in my estimation, could dismantle some of the West's top teams and become a dynasty.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

saved and filed mate! :D
If they dont..

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

If they dont..
ahhh no promises made on this end. Do I fly into Chicago for the ribs or will you ship them to me?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
If every Sun ends up being as good as many of you believe, they wont stay in Phoenix for the long run. This is not MLB. Theres a cap. You sign Kobe, and then you wont re-sign important pieces like Lampe, Cabarkapa, Vujanic/Barbosa if they turn out to be studs.

But I remain with 2 of my predictions:
1- Kobe wont sign with Phoenix
2- Phoenix wont win an NBA Title in the next 6 years.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If every Sun ends up being as good as many of you believe, they wont stay in Phoenix for the long run. This is not MLB. Theres a cap. You sign Kobe, and then you wont re-sign important pieces like Lampe, Cabarkapa, Vujanic/Barbosa if they turn out to be studs.

But I remain with 2 of my predictions:
1- Kobe wont sign with Phoenix
2- Phoenix wont win an NBA Title in the next 6 years.
ok and your confident enough to buy us all ribs if your wrong? :D

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

ahhh no promises made on this end. Do I fly into Chicago for the ribs or will you ship them to me?
If you get the NBA Finals MVP (Phoenix) Ill ship them to you...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts