Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Oh, you mean screaming bullshit the loudest doesn't make it true? So sick of the paranoia mongering. How many MLB athletes have died from covid yet? I thought it was an automatic death sentence.

A bubble for NCAA anything is stupid. Technically, that isn't why we have colleges. It may have worked in the NHL - hoo-fucking-ray - that's a professional sport and it's their job. Either shut it down or get on with it. Same thing for the country - either shut it down for real for a couple weeks or just move on. The in between fake life, halfass turdshit needs to end.

Dont forget a robust virus surveillance protocol when the mofo is shut down

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I can't take it anymore JAF. The lack of common sense and complete absurdity would be hilarious if it wasn't truly happening. You couldn't write this stupidity into a show, you'd be laughed out of a job.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I can't take it anymore JAF. The lack of common sense and complete absurdity would be hilarious if it wasn't truly happening. You couldn't write this stupidity into a show, you'd be laughed out of a job.
Those in glass houses! “Common sense”? LOL

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Hyperbole is always welcome here, ace. You know that.

I did get a flyer on my car at the supermarket on Thursday explaining that covid is a hoax and that if I believe it is real then I am very, very gullible. Unfortunately, it did not identify the perpetrators so I'm at a loss as to whether they're the Chinese, the deep state, the Russians, the Democrats or some combination thereof. It did provide a website address but, alas, I lost it. I am destined to remain gullible and uninformed I guess unless they hit me up again.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Over the top stupidity deserves over the top inanity. Come on ace, you can't tell me this is the most mind blowing display of skullfuckery at all levels of government and all ages of people!
As a point of clarification, I don’t give a flip about anyone’s politics, but this is a prime example of the skullfuckery. The VP nominee is essentially telling millions of people that she doesn’t trust the President, and therefore she believes that a vaccine approved by the FDA and produced - hundreds of millions of doses - by a major pharmaceutical company is not safe. SKULLFUCKERY

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I mean I wouldn't trust any president on that if they didn't have the backing of people like Fauci et al. Most (not all though) politicians don't have the strongest science background. And yes I would be saying this if it were Biden in there. I think (could be wrong) the only major world leader with a background in science is Angela Merkel in Germany.

Also the testing the sewage treatment: it's actually a good way to find out where an outbreak is about to happen. It's been done throughout the pandemic and it was even used at either Arizona or Arizona State to find a couple of presymptomatic/asymptomatic students in a dorm. If you're not testing each student every day, it's at least a backup method to identify which subset of students you should use those tests on.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I mean I wouldn't trust any president on that if they didn't have the backing of people like Fauci et al. Most (not all though) politicians don't have the strongest science background. And yes I would be saying this if it were Biden in there. I think (could be wrong) the only major world leader with a background in science is Angela Merkel in Germany.

Also the testing the sewage treatment: it's actually a good way to find out where an outbreak is about to happen. It's been done throughout the pandemic and it was even used at either Arizona or Arizona State to find a couple of presymptomatic/asymptomatic students in a dorm. If you're not testing each student every day, it's at least a backup method to identify which subset of students you should use those tests on.
Wonder how they figure out who has to collect the sewage specimens?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

Fauci is a bureaucrat in the swamp, but he follows the “science”

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
"...proven safe and effective" is the key statement right there. We won't know if both, or even either, of those things will be true 1-2 months from now at this point (which is why testing it currently happening on multiple vaccines worldwide).

·
Piker
9,050 Posts
I have to say that with what is going on right now I do not look at this as a “participation trophy” type thing. Why not go for an NBA-like bubble all inclusive NCAA tournament. Might be fun since the OOC is already kind of screwed.

·
Piker
9,050 Posts
I really do think it would be fun. I can’t wait until Duke fans are upset that they lost in the 2nd round to Maryland Eastern Shore.

121 - 140 of 176 Posts