Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
So the Battle for Atlantis this year is being moved to wait for it......South Dakota! 2020 just keeps getting better and better

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
So the Battle for Atlantis this year is being moved to wait for it......South Dakota! 2020 just keeps getting better and better
Well, they had to find a vacation destination equal to the Bahamas...Mission Accomplished!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I can't find what date they are playing that Battle for South Dakota, but to be fair, it might be in hurricane season...so there is that.

On the other hand, the Dakotas aren't doing very well on the Covid thing.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I can't find what date they are playing that Battle for South Dakota, but to be fair, it might be in hurricane season...so there is that.

On the other hand, the Dakotas aren't doing very well on the Covid thing.
They have decided on Thanksgiving weekend and ...outdoors...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
South Dakota? Why not just call it the "Rushmore Rush" or something at this point. Winning coach gets their head carved into a boulder.

·
Piker
10,059 Posts
Sounds like VCU's tournament might move from Charleston to Orlando.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Many tournaments have moved to Orlando. Bonnies are in the Paradise Jam and that has not done anything yet.

·
Piker
10,059 Posts
This morning I saw a couple more P5 teams dropping out of "bubble" tournaments. I feel like most P5 and Big Least (Providence bailed on Rhody) teams are going to take advantage of the situation and freeze out non-P5 teams. They will load up on home OOC games and double up on conference play.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Just a thought, but Big 12 and BE can't double up; they're already round robin.
But doesn't what you describe present an opportunity for someone else to participate?

·
Piker
10,059 Posts
Just a thought, but Big 12 and BE can't double up; they're already round robin.
But doesn't what you describe present an opportunity for someone else to participate?
I do not understand your question. What I see is the P5s playing mostly home games and other P5s in bubble situations to fill in about 8 OOC games. 27 games is the limit this year. The ACC has I think 15 teams so I feel like they will play a majority of their games in-conference. I wish the NCAA would come out and require a certain number of OOC games to be eligible for the tournament this year. I just feel like this mess is going to be a way for P5s game the system.

161 - 180 of 205 Posts