Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Just for clarity, if the two teams finish with the same record... R-Star wins, right? That's the way the bet is worded. The Lakers have to actually win MORE games, correct?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts

This is how it's done, gentlemen.

Yes, I lost the bet. My honor and fanhood is intact.
I made it to 1:45 on that video. I was oddly mesmerized, then some dork kept talking and I saw a dude who looked like he was 40 in the background, and I thought "What's this 40 year old doing hanging out with these kids? He shouldn't be there. Maybe he's just a Greg Oden looking Benjerman Button type mother****er?" and it took me out of the video.

You've wasted my time.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
No they don't.
You don't think the team that took the previous #2 seed to 7 games and swapped Ian Mahinmi and George Hill for Al Jefferson, Thaddeus Young, and Jeff Teague is on par with the top non-Cleveland teams in the East? I think we're right up there with Toronto and Boston. Might not finish #2 , but we'll be competitive for it.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
You don't think the team that took the previous #2 seed to 7 games and swapped Ian Mahinmi and George Hill for Al Jefferson, Thaddeus Young, and Jeff Teague is on par with the top non-Cleveland teams in the East? I think we're right up there with Toronto and Boston. Might not finish #2 , but we'll be competitive for it.
He's the same guy who's argued Kevin Love is a good defender in the past. I wouldn't put too much thought into his posts.

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,585 Posts
I made it to 1:45 on that video. I was oddly mesmerized, then some dork kept talking and I saw a dude who looked like he was 40 in the background, and I thought "What's this 40 year old doing hanging out with these kids? He shouldn't be there. Maybe he's just a Greg Oden looking Benjerman Button type mother****er?" and it took me out of the video.

You've wasted my time.
Who hurt you and how old were they??

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oooohhh, Ryan Reynolds? I'll take it.

We can bet whatever you want. A monetary bet, a bet where we have to post a video of the loser chugging a 2L beer, whatever you would like, Woodie Allen.
I'm gonna have to get back to you on that, Alan Thicke.

Right now, i'm concentrating my energies on the Euro 2016 Finals.
And yes, i know you don't understand the reference. Cause, like, it's not bobsleigh, or curling, or wichever wuss sports you canucks do.

I'd like to run an ammendment by you, though: IF the 2016-2017 Lakers get the injury bug that prevents at least one player fom their core (Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Deng, Randle, Mozgov) to play at least 72 games all bets are off. You ok with that, William Shatner?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts

And yes, i know you don't understand the reference. Cause, like, it's not bobsleigh, or curling, or wichever wuss sports you canucks do.

I'd like to run an ammendment by you, though: IF the 2016-2017 Lakers get the injury bug that prevents at least one player fom their core (Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Deng, Randle, Mozgov) to play at least 72 games all bets are off. You ok with that, William Shatner?
I was going to snap and say there's no way I'd agree seeing as I'm sure at least one of the players mentioned will miss 10 games. In fact, I'd almost guarantee both Deng and MozGod will. But, you called me William Shatner so I agree with the stipulation.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts

That's a horrible stipulation. There is absolutely zero chance this bet will have a winner with 72 games as the cut-off for all of those players. Might as well not have a bet. Makes me want to close this dumb thread.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I was going to snap and say there's no way I'd agree seeing as I'm sure at least one of the players mentioned will miss 10 games. In fact, I'd almost guarantee both Deng and MozGod will. But, you called me William Shatner so I agree with the stipulation.
Fair enough.
I rescind (sp?) my ammendment proposal. It really was out there.

Now pelase state the wager. What should we go for? Avatars? Signatures? You name it, Jim Carrey!

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
1 year user name change, Raulo-Starino.
Add a signature the likes of "i lost a bet to R-Star so this is my screen name for a year"? Add other one? Include avatar?

Just to clarufy: if you lose the bet, you will have, for one year, to:
- Change your user name to "Portuguese Lover";
- Change your avatar to a Lakers one;
- Put up a signature saying: I lost a bet because the Pacers suck.

Something like this? ;)

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Add a signature the likes of "i lost a bet to R-Star so this is my screen name for a year"? Add other one? Include avatar?

Just to clarufy: if you lose the bet, you will have, for one year, to:
- Change your user name to "Portuguese Lover";
- Change your avatar to a Lakers one;
- Put up a signature saying: I lost a bet because the Pacers suck.

Something like this? ;)
The Portuguese Lover likes this bet, and accepts.

In fact, I almost hope I lose.

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
"The Portuguese Lover?" Some very strange R-Star fantasies are running through this Lakers homer's head.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts