Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the lakers still looking for a power forward. They need one Robert Horry is best suited to come off the bench and Samaki Walker can't cut it as a starter either. What about Charles Oakley or Popeye Jones. Are the lakers still interested in either of them? Or anybody else that might be out there?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think the Lakers are done signing with the exception of a pg. I hope the Lakers get Greg Anthony.. anyways- I doubt the Lakers will sign Oakley or any other pf.

By the way Ice- are you interested in playing me in Nba live 2000 for pc? Pm me if you are....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I hope the Lakers add someone more exciting than Charles Oakley or Greg Anthony. Both of those guys' games expired 4 years ago. My hope is that the Lakers can land a player who doesn't get the big money offer they thought they would and signs on for the ring..Travis Best? William Avery?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
As long as Horry can go about 24 minutes a game the Lakers are fine at PF. Walker and Slava can handle the rest.

Shaq has proven that he can carry both interior positions slack, and he has 3 rings to prove it.

What the Lakers really need is a back-up PG. Shaw is getting old and Pargo is unlikely to contribute.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good point Jemel. Lakers need a solid pg.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
The problem with getting the young guys is that they might not understand the offense-and then wouldn't be able to contribute...and we need a PG NOW! That's why I want Greg Anthony-he is a smart vet who could play right away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts