Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Indian Larry was his own man._ He lived life like many wish we could._ I've met him a few times, he was a regular guy who treated everyone with respect and honesty.__ He will truly be missed.

Indian Larry, who was a master motorcycle mechanic and builder of some of the best 'old school' choppers in the country passed away early Monday morning following a crash at the Liquid Steel Classic and Custom Bike Series show at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center in Concord, North Carolina.__

Influenced by 'old school' masters like Ed Roth and Von Dutch, Larry became known all over the world as one of the top 'old school' artists himself._ Recently featured in the Discovery Channel's "Great Biker Build-Off" series, Larry's work reached a whole new audience.__

Larry crashed while performing a stunt that he has become famous for and has been doing for over 30 years._ "He was riding and standing up on his seat," said Mike Downs, Cabarrus County deputy county manager. "The bike started to wobble and he was not able to regain control."

Indian Larry fell off the bike before a crowd of about 8,000. Paramedics were standing by and aided him until he could be airlifted to the hospital where he later died.
http://www.bostonbiker.com/

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
R.I.P Indian Larry. Although Im more into the new school of choppers, I highly respected Indian Larrys skills. He was without a doubt one of the best, and a real unique guy.

You will be missed.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
What a shame, just as we all love the modern game we appreciate Bill Russell and Jerry West, Indian Larry is to the Biker community the same, a legend.

Spread those wings Larry and ride on like you never have before.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
As the sibling of a biker, anytime someone dies in a bike related accident, I'm kind of spooked. When it's someone famous (and well respected, even outside of the bikers clique) that makes it even worse.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
That's too bad. Prior to the wave of Monster Garage, Biker Build-off, etc. and Jesse James, most people, even rice rocket riders like myself, never heard of Indian Larry... but you know he was hard-core. An original and one of a kind. He died doing what he loved. Good for him. A character in an increasingly characterless world. :(

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
R.I.P.

It's probably the way he wanted to go out all along. No disrespect to the man, and i know he can do that trick in his sleep, but it's a pretty foolish maneuver for anyone to do.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Thats too bad, he was real cool guy. I guess we've all learned valuable lesson about standing up on motorcylces, if someone thats done it for years can die doing it - its not a good idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts