Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's true. We all know it. I can't wait for the World Basketball Championships. I hope the USA loses. btw Pennsylvania is the amish capital of the world.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I would tend to agree with you, Herman. Before some of you bonedheads flip out and start saying stuff like, "Well NYC and California have produced far more ballas..." let me explain. Indiana does not have the most talented players, let me say that. But in terms of importance, there is no other state in which basketball is as revered as in Indiana. The state of Indiana holds the record for fans attending a high school game (set in the RCA Dome when Damon Bailey was a senior). Indiana has the biggest high school gyms in the world (I will try to get the stats posted when I get more time). I believe something like 9 of the top 12 gyms(in terms of size) are in Indiana. The Indiana High School playoffs are something that people living outside of Indiana will never be able to understand. The post season is called "Hoosier Hysteria". How many other states have had a movie based on high school basketball in their states. "Hoosiers" was an awesome movie. Anyways, there is not a more basketball-crazy state as Indiana. I don't even need to discuss Indiana University and how fanatical people are about it.

There is good ball played in Indiana. For a state that isn't one of the biggest, it has produced some damn good players. Larry Bird, Oscar Robertson, Shawn Kemp (before he was fat), Bonzi Wells, Glenn Robinson, and most recently Jared Jeffries and Zach Randolph are a few examples off the top of my head. Some metropolitan areas such as Chicago, Baltimore, LA, NYC, etc might produce more pro players, but most people in these areas could care less about basketball. That's why I give Indiana the nod as being the B-ball capital.

BTW, Herman, why do you want the USA to lose?

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Firstly, this has nothing to di with NBA basketball. More importantly, if anyone starts getting on each others and do not know how to respect other opinions, it will be closed in a second!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
:confused: Isn't the purpose of this board to exchange and challenge others opinions? Nothing has even happened yet and you are getting all wound up. Sorry, just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Originally posted by dkg1
:confused: Isn't the purpose of this board to exchange and challenge others opinions? Nothing has even happened yet and you are getting all wound up. Sorry, just my opinion.
Of course the point of this site is exchanging opinions and challenging others to do so but in all fairness to both of you, If you wanted this thread to be discussed Herman Munster thread title would have been something in the lines of

-Who has brought up the best talent

Inside the thread he would of stated why he thinks Indiana has brought up the best talent and not just post something with no backup up facts and supporting opinions to have this further discussed.

In your case Dkg1 posting something like

-Before some of you bonedheads flip out

Will not get peoples attention. Almost everyone in this forum is mature enough to state his opinions without insulting anyone and most of us turn away when comments like that are posted.
Got it thanks

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
I'll tell you what:

We won't forewarn, if you don't shoot a parting shot over the bow with the "boneheads" name calling.

Deal?

I mean, the rest of the post was reasonable, and pretty well-thought out. The "boneheads" name calling is uncalled for.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Malakian, I gave you a second chance, don't step right up and blow it, okay? Talk basketball. :|

·
Registered
694 Posts
I dont mean to offend anyone or start anything, but IMO people are kinda touchy on this site..i mean all the guy did was call someone a bonehead. I dont think that warrants him getting chewed out and such..but hey! i'm not a moderator and i'll leave that to you guys.

Just thought I'd share my opinion

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I can see where some people think that Indiana is the basketball capital of the world(a pretty big claim though), but then I can see where some might want to debate that "claim".

Being a US citizen, I am pulling for the USA to show up big time. :D

Being a neighbor of Canada, I have to say that I pull for the Canadian nation to win in sporting events, also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.