Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current Hartford situation.

Obviously Parker is out for the year...no word on a 6th year of eligibility.

Lowndes sees the doctor tommorrow to see if his cast can come off and he can start resuming activities.

Bosley hurt his knee again after 5 minutes at UNH and sees the doctor tommorrow. Doesn't sound good.

Goode is out for the year now. Probably his career IMHO.

Lang is gone. He will transfer after this semester. He doesn't want to play basketball anymore.Shame.

Ruffin,Rembardant and lalor are signed and ready.They are involved with 4 or 5 PG's and will sign one in May. Other things will be happening as well. I also assume they will be looking for an impact transfer.They love Ruffin!

On another note not that they plan on playing him but walk-on Richardson(PG) is now available to play...healthwise.

Incidentally this freshman PG Baker is looking better and better. He is now leading the team in 3 pt fg%(48%? I forgot now),free throw %(83%) and asst/turnover ratio.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ruffin is getting 20ppg for a team that keeps losing!!!!!!!!! He is an athlete!

Rembert a shooter with size!

Lalor is a big time enigma!!!!!!!!!

Let BAker run the pg next year!

·
Registered
582 Posts
One of the former Hawks players told me that Lalor is very thin, but has wide shoulders. He had originally committed to George Washington.

I assume with Goode done and Lang gone, the Hawks will be looking for a big man. Losing two 6'9" guys hurts. In light of this, the news on Lowndes is welcome - they need him back.

What do you mean by "other things will be happening as well?"

·
Registered
207 Posts
I noticed Aaron Watson has not played since the 5th or 6th SJSU game. Does anyone know if he has left school?? By the way I wonder if he regrets going there now, they are 0-8 in the WAC and lost non conference games to Harvard & BYU-Hawaii.

Would he be worth bringing in for 1 year???

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goode is bad

Originally posted by <b>South End</b>!
One of the former Hawks players told me that Lalor is very thin, but has wide shoulders. He had originally committed to George Washington.

I assume with Goode done and Lang gone, the Hawks will be looking for a big man. Losing two 6'9" guys hurts. In light of this, the news on Lowndes is welcome - they need him back.

What do you mean by "other things will be happening as well?"

I was told his shoulders are so wide he actually has problems getting through doorways.

The big man search will be done in March...as well as concluding a committment from a PG. Even if they do not secure a big man for next year(lets say they get a transfer instead) they have Ruffin and rembardant to share the 3. For the 4 and 5 slots they have Taylor,Zimnickas,Regan,Lowndes,Bosley and Lalor. They certainly can use one more but with Hartford often employing a 3 guard offense now it might not be imperative.

The other things have to wait until they can be in a public forum.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting

Originally posted by <b>Long Island Hawk</b>!
I noticed Aaron Watson has not played since the 5th or 6th SJSU game. Does anyone know if he has left school?? By the way I wonder if he regrets going there now, they are 0-8 in the WAC and lost non conference games to Harvard & BYU-Hawaii.

Would he be worth bringing in for 1 year???
I didn't know this. I can't imagine they will bring him in...though I'll ask about him....He would have to sit out a year and only have a year left. For a real impact player then yes. watson is just a piece of the puzzle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts