Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the article concerning the Kings entitled "Should Sac trade Webber?" very interesting... Drysdale mentions a deal with the knicks involving houston, k.thomas and f. williams for c. webb. What do you guys think? I'm not saying this trade is in the works but just curious to see how others feel about this deal. Drysdale mentions 10 trade suggestions that supposedly would help both teams.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I agree, Webber's health is a concern. Last year I'd jump at it, but it's getting scary with him.

I also don't think Sac should do it, they'd become more like the Knicks (or Dallas), with too many jumpshooters and not enough interior presence.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I think its highly unlikely that Sacremento will trade Webber, but considering Christy is getting old and who Knows where vlade will be when his contract is up, this move could make sense for sac.

See the thing is Webber is that kind of special player that will make any team a contender, hes a winner and where ever hes gone he has made his team win. True superstars have this ability, and its a rarity.

Im not sure about C-webb to NYC but how bout bring C-webb back to washington?

Sacramento trades: PF Chris Webber
Washington trades: PF Christian Laettner SG Larry Hughes
PF Kwame Brown

TRADE ACCEPTED

Works on real GM, i think Wizards would also have to throw in Brendan Haywood and Hayes to sweeten the deal.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Webber automatically becomes the best PF in the conference if he heads east.

The positive side of his injuries is that they have yet to affect his play. His excellent ball handling and passing are not going anywhere, unless his arm falls off and he goes blind. He's still a top 5 post presence in the league (most likely 5th behind a couple of obvious guys)

And come on, look at that proposed trade, even if it doesn't work capwise.

Allan Houston, who is having injury problems that ARE affecting his game.

Kurt Thomas, an average starter who isn't getting any younger.

Frank Williams, a dime a dozen backup PG.

Then there's Chris Webber, who makes an all-NBA team each year.

What would you rather have? Webber/Marbury or Houston/Thomas/Marbury? That's not a tough question. The Knicks have already thrown away the future. If they're trying to win now, then Webber is a no-brainer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No way Sac does it!!!

1st off Sac should have won it all last year and would have if Webb didn't get hurt. They were running through Dallas until he got injured and then it still took Dallas 7 games to eliminate Sac.

Sac + Healthy Webb= Championship

It's just another wet dream that will never come true.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Rashidi</b>!

Over Duncan's dead body.
:laugh:lol:laugh:

Over KG's, Shaq's, and Dirk's dead bodies too.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
dead bodies

a healthy Lakers is the team to beat....
a healthy Sac is pretty dam close.....

This is NOT DUNCANS year..no way

And if Owlikandi can ever get it together and Serbiak fits in MInny will be a very dangerous team...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
What would you rather have? Webber/Marbury or Houston/Thomas/Marbury? That's not a tough question.
You're right, I would do it. But Kings wouldn't. Of those proposed I don't think the Knicks version was close to the best for them.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
1. I was talking about LAST SEASON. Even with Webber, there is no guarantee that the Kings would have beaten San Antonio.

2. Webber isn't a jump shooting PF. You'd have to be nuts to think that's all he does.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts