Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we call Danny to get us a quality big man for inside present? We really need one.

I know no one to give up right now. Nobody wants LaFrentz, Vinny, Waltah, or JuJo.

Hopefully, he'll do something over the expansion draft. We have 4 draft picks to give up if that means giving us a salary cap to sign big player.

Who do you think is available for us?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
There are very few quality big men in the league and the teams that have them won't give them up so the only way we can get one is to draft one. For that we would need a very high draft pick, how Danny pulls that one off I don't know but only Howard or Okafor will do. I think they may have their eyes on a guy in China because they said during the game last night that that's where our scouts were, I don't know why, no one from China is really on the radar. Ha is Korean and he's the only predicted first rounder from Asia.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
You're going to have to wait.

But Perkins should be in the mix more next season. He looks like he has the potential to be an impact big man.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talking about Chinese player, I looked up on nbadraft.net, the only big man they have that may have potential is Mo Ke.

I don't know how he plays and never seen him play either. I wondered what you guys know about this guy besides what nbadraft.net describes.

Also, another potential big man on the draft might be Kosta Perovic and Tiago Splitter, but I am not sure if they will be available at our position on the draft day.

Right now we have 4 draft picks, I would say Danny might trade 2 of them and get a higher pick so we can quality big man. Also, he might do something with our picks to Bobcats.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Yes I think Kendrick Perkins will be an impact big man when he plays but we will need more than 1, I like Mihm but don't know what the plans are on keeping him. Splitter would be my FAVORITE guy to get but I doubt we will have a shot at him.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Originally posted by <b>h180ys</b>!
Right now we have 4 draft picks, I would say Danny might trade 2 of them and get a higher pick so we can quality big man. Also, he might do something with our picks to Bobcats.
We don't have four this year. We have three this year and three next year.

This year:
Our first rounder
Dallas' first rounder (Walker deal)
Our second rounder (via Cleveland - Davis - via Boston - Jones)

Next year
Our first rounder
Our second rounder
Sacramento's second rounder (Songalia deal)

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Kris Humphries, I think, could be a great player. He will be available during our pick and he could slide down to the Dallas pick. He rebounds well, and has a good post game. He is a little undersized at 6-8, but he is strong.

He's putting up numbers, even 'Melo couldn't achieve in his freshman season.

Kris Humphries

Since our roster space will be tight next year, we should take a Euro also...All the big men our 1st rounders so, a PG would be good because Mike James has 1 more year left on his contract..

All I could find was

Ivan Koljevic

Ivan Koljevic

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought the Songaila trade was for this year's draft. My bad, I was wrong if that's the case.

Well, I think we need a really big man not an undersized anymore because we have bucnh of those kinda ppl already. (JuJo, Waltah, Stewart). I don't think those ppl have the ability to become a player. We really need someone around 6'11 who is very athletic.

It crossed my mind the other day if we just should give up this year and just become a lottery team next year. I know this is saying that we have no hope being a good team and being a loser. What's your take on this?

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
I think if we go for an inside presence, it will have to be a guy who plays center and I'm talking about a real 7 foot, 240+ pound center. NBADraft.net lists a few; Pavel Podkolzine (7-5, 303), Kosta Perovic (7-2, 240), Robert Swift (7-1, 245), and Ha Seung-Jin (7-3, 300) as first rounders. Andris Biendrins (6-11, 240) is close enough for me. After that, I think we'll go for the best guard or small forward left with each of the picks. That's what fits in with what we have currently on the roster and as a part of the future.

C--First rounder
PF-Kendrick Perkins (drafted as a C, but that was when he was listed at 280, he'll probably get down to 250-260 and very muscular like Karl Malone and would be better suited against PFs as he doesn't have the athletic ability to leap over 7-footers at center).
SF-Paul Pierce (You have an argument as to who the best is at shooting guard, but if Pierce was a small forward, there would be no argument, he'd be the best)
SG-Ricky Davis (Strong enough to play SF, but better suited at SG because of his speed and quickness)
PG-Marcus Banks (He's starting to show now that he is definately worth the pick and will be a terrific starting point in this league)

bench:
C--Chris Mihm
PF-Raef LaFrentz
G/F-Jiri Welsch (can play either guard position or the small forward)
G/F-The other first rounder

Mark Blount is on the brink of being the C in this plan, but I think that once it all clicks for Mihm, as it has for Blount, he will be a much better player.

Beyond that, the tenth guy can be anyone, perhaps Hunter sticks around, maybe Danny makes a terrific second round find, maybe he finds another Mike James guy, etc, etc, etc.

Those nine players (assuming Danny makes the right picks in the draft and Kendrick and Marcus develop as I think they will) would be a terrific foundation for many years and there would be a potential championship run in there. Probably more than one.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!
I think if we go for an inside presence, it will have to be a guy who plays center and I'm talking about a real 7 foot, 240+ pound center. NBADraft.net lists a few; Pavel Podkolzine (7-5, 303), Kosta Perovic (7-2, 240), Robert Swift (7-1, 245), and Ha Seung-Jin (7-3, 300) as first rounders. Andris Biendrins (6-11, 240) is close enough for me. After that, I think we'll go for the best guard or small forward left with each of the picks. That's what fits in with what we have currently on the roster and as a part of the future.

C--First rounder
PF-Kendrick Perkins (drafted as a C, but that was when he was listed at 280, he'll probably get down to 250-260 and very muscular like Karl Malone and would be better suited against PFs as he doesn't have the athletic ability to leap over 7-footers at center).
SF-Paul Pierce (You have an argument as to who the best is at shooting guard, but if Pierce was a small forward, there would be no argument, he'd be the best)
SG-Ricky Davis (Strong enough to play SF, but better suited at SG because of his speed and quickness)
PG-Marcus Banks (He's starting to show now that he is definately worth the pick and will be a terrific starting point in this league)

bench:
C--Chris Mihm
PF-Raef LaFrentz
G/F-Jiri Welsch (can play either guard position or the small forward)
G/F-The other first rounder

Mark Blount is on the brink of being the C in this plan, but I think that once it all clicks for Mihm, as it has for Blount, he will be a much better player.

Beyond that, the tenth guy can be anyone, perhaps Hunter sticks around, maybe Danny makes a terrific second round find, maybe he finds another Mike James guy, etc, etc, etc.

Those nine players (assuming Danny makes the right picks in the draft and Kendrick and Marcus develop as I think they will) would be a terrific foundation for many years and there would be a potential championship run in there. Probably more than one.

nice post agoo

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Very Nice

Thank you Agoo.

You do alot of good work on this forum.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Blount is probaly gon this season.. He has an option in his contract that is player renewed.. He can make more than one million somewhere else..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
WOW

Agoo.... That is the best post I have ever seen!

Damn Great Job!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If we got Okafor that would be the best thing ever, but it probably won't happen unless Ainge trades up for talent.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Air Jigga</b>!
If we got Okafor that would be the best thing ever, but it probably won't happen unless Ainge trades up for talent.
We got 3 picks so the ideal thing is to GET OKAFOR....man he's going higher every game.....unless we get a number 1, I don't think its going to happen. Then again our chance to get a number 5 picks aren't that good either.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Agoo that was a great post. I have just one comment, any of those other guys you listed are fine with me but please no Pavel Podkolzine, he can't play jack and will be a big bust. Also, I know he's not huge but he's got mega talent, Tiago Splitter, would be a good one too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
useless

It is useless to rue about improvement even if we added a big man.

The 1st changes that should be made is to fire the coach.

Right now, we have better talent compared to last year. but we are going nowhere. the new guys are sitting on the bench or IL. If talent is not utilyzed, it will rot.

If we have drafted Lebron James, he would have rusted.

Let's just wish the coach wakes up until it is too late.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts