Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ, April 5, 2005 - The New Jersey Nets have named Petra Pope to be their Senior Director of Entertainment Marketing, Brett Yormark, CEO and President, Nets Sports & Entertainment, announced today.

Pope will be responsible for the Nets' in-game entertainment and fan experience operations, including the video production, the dance team, music, lighting and the mascot. She will also organize and oversee the team's special events.
Doubt this affects the team in any way, but thought it might interest some of you.

Full article here:
Petra Pope Joins Nets

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Of course this does, the Dance team is hot, I wonder how he will improve it...

I wonder who he screens woman to join the team... ;)

-Petey

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Petey said:
Of course this does, the Dance team is hot, I wonder how he will improve it...

I wonder who he screens woman to join the team... ;)

-Petey
I think the 'he' you're referring to is actually a 'she'.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Damn... I think you are right, it's 2:30 am over here... sorry.

-Petey

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
wish we had all these people the last 3 yrs to make our product better for the public. but i guess its better now with vince than never. then again we are doing this now to appeal to brooklyn/ny-ers and hopefully bring nj fans over to brooklyn

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hopefully they will change the arena environment, I know that Adam Padilla, the puppet guy who first became famous for his cassel and gatling puppets, had big debates with nets management on arena atmosphere.

here's just some of the problems he saw in recent years, most of which i agree with:

http://www.joenetsfan.com/NetsSeason2001_2002/Backlash2001_2002Files/joe_netsfan_backlash_poff1.html

right now the i feel the lights should be dim on audience, and bright for the court, same as MSG. they need to bag the canned chears, and make the arena more sports-fan orriented and less little-kid orriented.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
hihofink said:
Hopefully they will change the arena environment, I know that Adam Padilla, the puppet guy who first became famous for his cassel and gatling puppets, had big debates with nets management on arena atmosphere.

here's just some of the problems he saw in recent years, most of which i agree with:

http://www.joenetsfan.com/NetsSeason2001_2002/Backlash2001_2002Files/joe_netsfan_backlash_poff1.html

right now the i feel the lights should be dim on audience, and bright for the court, same as MSG. they need to bag the canned chears, and make the arena more sports-fan orriented and less little-kid orriented.
The only thing I have a problem with at the arena is the Nets introductions..There is that pause before the players are introduced where that stupid instrumental plays, and the cheerleaders go to center court. People have no idea what to do during that segment. The player introductions definetly need to be changed.

Other than that I think the Nets give a great game night experience.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
I thought they had gotten rid of the fake crowd noise a long time ago, but I definitely heard it at times last year.

Pretty bush league.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
Theres no fake crowd noise...There is no way..
I'm 90% sure I heard it last year. It would happen after a timeout or something when the players were walking back onto the floor. I think it's easier to hear from the upper deck. You hear this crowd noise from behind you, and if you listen carefully, you can tell that it's too loud for what's going on around you in the stands.

I haven't heard it at all this season, but I've always sat in the lower level this year. :D

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i went to a handful of games last yr and didnt hear fake cheers/noise once

·
Registered
609 Posts
Agree with Schub. definetly heard the fake crowd noise when sitting in the upper deck last season.

Sadly, I haven't been able to go to a game this season yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts