Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://insidehoops.com/power-rankings.shtml

12) Sonics (19-16) - I want to see them with a healthy Ray Allen a bit longer before judging them. But it appears Seattle will just remain middle of the road.

13) Raptors (19-16) - Rookie stud Chris Bosh has some knee issues that should go away soon. Here's something: Raptors individual team leaders in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, FG% and FT% are all either Vince Carter or Chris Bosh.

14) Bucks (20-17) - Winning with heart and hustle. And great coaching.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Vince and Bosh is a very interesting stat... but that can't be true since we aquired Marshall because he is averaging 10.1 rpg

but the raps are on the climb... i have a feeling that they will either drop drastically or improve to a top 10 team if we can beat the hornets and pistons... tough games coming up never the less

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I was going to say that 13 seems high for the Raps but then I actually looked at the list and couldn't find one team I would move above us.

In fact I would say we are definitely better than the Nuggs who were put at 7, and possibly better than than Houston or Seattle who are also above us.

12 or 13 is a very fair ranking. Top 7 teams out West and top 4 in the East are better than us right now.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i am also kinda sick of the Raptors not getting enough respect... they don't go on huge winning streaks or anything but there play is increasing every game besides the clipper game... they haven;t gotten any respect all season. even when the raps went on that 5 game winning streak. the ESPN power rankings are even more messed up...

The Griz just snapped a 8 game losing streak last night yet they are ahead of us.
Boston is only one game above 500 yet they are ahead of us... they mention Welch's improvement..well what about Lonny... Marshall... A Will improvement on our team.
And Milwaukee is also ahead of us even though our winning percentage is is better... and stein also reminds us about there wins against teams like the pistons, dallas, new jersey and indiana.. even though we have beaten new jersey twice, dallas and Houston... along with tough teams like Denver on the road.

Yet all he can mention about us is that we have only scored over 90 points on one of our 5 out of 7 wins.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>ElevatorMan</b>!
i am also kinda sick of the Raptors not getting enough respect... they don't go on huge winning streaks or anything but there play is increasing every game besides the clipper game... they haven;t gotten any respect all season. even when the raps went on that 5 game winning streak. the ESPN power rankings are even more messed up...

The Griz just snapped a 8 game losing streak last night yet they are ahead of us.
Boston is only one game above 500 yet they are ahead of us... they mention Welch's improvement..well what about Lonny... Marshall... A Will improvement on our team.
And Milwaukee is also ahead of us even though our winning percentage is is better... and stein also reminds us about there wins against teams like the pistons, dallas, new jersey and indiana.. even though we have beaten new jersey twice, dallas and Houston... along with tough teams like Denver on the road.

Yet all he can mention about us is that we have only scored over 90 points on one of our 5 out of 7 wins.
it's espn. i'm not surprised by their under-estimation of the raps anymore.

and i wouldn't count as Nugz beign a lower ranking of us. sure we beat them twice on as many occasions, but they're still a better team.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I know that they are a better team then us i am just saying the kind of teams that we have beaten... they mentioned that the bucks have beat a number of great teams... i was just pointing out that we have beaten some good teams too... they just never seem to mention it.... i should have worded it differently, my bad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts