Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The New Jersey Nets are in a race with Philadelphia and Orlando to secure one of the final playoff spots in the Eastern conference. Thursday night in New Jersey, the Nets beat the Knicks. New Jersey had a big lead, then the Knicks caught up, but the Nets were able to hang on for the win. InsideHoops.com and other media talked to Vince Carter after the game. This is the only place you'll find the complete interview.
Vince Carter talks about the recent win over the Knicks and playoff hopes and playing with Jason Kidd and more.

Full Interview Here:
Vince Carter Interview

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
If JYD has that reaction for Carter, how till the Raptors respond?

-Petey

·
Registered
839 Posts
Petey said:
If JYD has that reaction for Carter, how will the Raptors respond?

-Petey
you should hear the stuff they say up here. they´re trying to start a thing where everyone brings their carter jerseys, and either throws them on the court or at him in the tunnel, they´re going to rain boos on him all night louder than they did/do with tmac, etc. some things i don´t dare repeat.

there still are fans :)wave:), but....the others will definitely be ready to make him feel, umm..unwelcome.

·
Registered
375 Posts
roro26 said:
you should hear the stuff they say up here. they´re trying to start a thing where everyone brings their carter jerseys, and either throws them on the court or at him in the tunnel, they´re going to rain boos on him all night louder than they did/do with tmac, etc. some things i don´t dare repeat.

there still are fans :)wave:), but....the others will definitely be ready to make him feel, umm..unwelcome.
yup... which is quite unfortunetely because out of all the other players who left Toronto, Vince actually liked it here... he put Toronto on the map and he did more for the team than any player ever has... it's going to get ugly...

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
crimsonice said:
yup... which is quite unfortunetely because out of all the other players who left Toronto, Vince actually liked it here... he put Toronto on the map and he did more for the team than any player ever has... it's going to get ugly...
Its a pity how blind a lot of Toronto fans are of that...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
Its a pity how blind a lot of Toronto fans are of that...
You can look at it like "Oh Toronto fans are just bitter, look how much Vince Carter did for their city"

Or you can look at it realistically and say, what if my team had a superstar player, who after many numerous injuries, didn't play to his full ability, and turned into a soft player. What if my team's superstar demanded a trade, and when the team didn't trade him, he didn't give ANY effort whatsoever on the court, trying to tank his way to get traded. THAT'S why Toronto fans hate Vince, and they have a damn good reason too. Any sports fan that has some balls would think what he did was incredibly wrong.

·
Registered
839 Posts
crimsonice said:
it´s going to be brutal, because now it´s been a while since he´s left, so it´s just festering, and people are getting restless as the day comes closer, and they keep talking about what they´ll do at the game. plus, it doesn´t help when the media keeps bringing up his name condescendingly, like they can´t..let it...go. i´m actually a bit concerned. let´s just hope cooler heads prevail.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
vigilante said:
You can look at it like "Oh Toronto fans are just bitter, look how much Vince Carter did for their city"

Or you can look at it realistically and say, what if my team had a superstar player, who after many numerous injuries, didn't play to his full ability, and turned into a soft player. What if my team's superstar demanded a trade, and when the team didn't trade him, he didn't give ANY effort whatsoever on the court, trying to tank his way to get traded. THAT'S why Toronto fans hate Vince, and they have a damn good reason too. Any sports fan that has some balls would think what he did was incredibly wrong.
Or you can keep a level head and look at it both ways and say "I'm not going to root nor boo this man, and I'm certainly not going to embarrass myself and my team by being a jack ***."

·
Registered
839 Posts
vigilante said:

whoa. the stories i hear...are not good. some fans (not all) are taking it too far.

·
Registered
839 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
Or you can keep a level head and look at it both ways and say "I'm not going to root nor boo this man, and I'm certainly not going to embarrass myself and my team by being a jack ***."
exactly.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
the city of toronto and raptor fans should thank vince very single day for putting toronto on the map. without vince toronto is just another hockey place that nobody else in the world cares about. vince put toronto on the maps and created basketball in canada. its a shame that raptor fans are acting like 4yr old children who didnt get any ice cream at night.

the way you handle this is that you can be upset, but you dont throw jerseys at him or burn them. you should give him a cheer and say thank you for what he's done for the city of toronto and that whole community. he brought in more money than anyone else probably will as a raptor. raptor fans should bring signs that say 'thank you vince'. raptor fans know deep down that they love what vince did for them and they know they shouldnt be booing him, yet with the management problems and media turning vince into a huge monster everyone in toronto has become a puppet and have been trained now to hate vince.

sad considering how much vince did for the city. they owe him and yet they wont....maybe because they are canadian...iuno. i guess the griz got the message early and realized its better to be in memphis than up in van.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
NetsanityJoe said:
the city of toronto and raptor fans should thank vince very single day for putting toronto on the map. without vince toronto is just another hockey place that nobody else in the world cares about. vince put toronto on the maps and created basketball in canada. its a shame that raptor fans are acting like 4yr old children who didnt get any ice cream at night.

the way you handle this is that you can be upset, but you dont throw jerseys at him or burn them. you should give him a cheer and say thank you for what he's done for the city of toronto and that whole community. he brought in more money than anyone else probably will as a raptor. raptor fans should bring signs that say 'thank you vince'. raptor fans know deep down that they love what vince did for them and they know they shouldnt be booing him, yet with the management problems and media turning vince into a huge monster everyone in toronto has become a puppet and have been trained now to hate vince.

sad considering how much vince did for the city. they owe him and yet they wont....maybe because they are canadian...iuno. i guess the griz got the message early and realized its better to be in memphis than up in van.
I appreciate what Vince did for Toronto.. I really do.

I don't know how many Vince Carter games as a raptor you watched this year but it was absolutely disguisting to watch a player do that to a team, and to a city that embraced him. I know where your coming from, but as a raptor fan, you hope that something can go positive after 2 straight trips to the lottery. And then what do you see? Your best player, and most important piece to the team, absolutely tanking it on the floor because he wants out. You could look back on the last 3 seasons of Vince in Toronto, and you would see the same thing, but obviously not to the same extent.

And a large part of the criticism or heat put on the management this year was from the Vince Carter trade. Babcock decided to wait until the season started to do anything with Vince to see how things would go with our team, which looked fairly promising. But that backfired big time.. Vince tanked it, KILLING his trade value, and therefore making it harder for him to get his wish, which was to get out of Toronto. So he also killed his trade value, which could be the most important trade in the franchises history.

And as for booing. Your not embarassing anyone or being a jack *** by booing him. You are just showing your dissapointment with what he did this year. I think Vince even thinks he deserved to be booed for the trash he put on the floor this year.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
It's hard to disagree with vigilante. It would be the same if JKidd did the same thing here in New Jersey.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
vigilante said:
I appreciate what Vince did for Toronto.. I really do.

I don't know how many Vince Carter games as a raptor you watched this year but it was absolutely disguisting to watch a player do that to a team, and to a city that embraced him. I know where your coming from, but as a raptor fan, you hope that something can go positive after 2 straight trips to the lottery. And then what do you see? Your best player, and most important piece to the team, absolutely tanking it on the floor because he wants out. You could look back on the last 3 seasons of Vince in Toronto, and you would see the same thing, but obviously not to the same extent.
i dont have nbatv so i only get to see the raps on tv over here when they play either the nets,knicks or the sixers...but i cant watch the sixers or knicks bc its boring and AI is freakin annoying to watch.

btw. i agree with what you said. honestly, if i was vince and i was unhappy and knew that management had trade thoughts/plans in mind...i wouldnt have gone all out either considering i wouldnt want to get hurt anymore or if the team started to play well and win maybe management wouldnt trade me(vince). plus if your so unhappy with your situation, the quickest way out is to offend your boss and put pressure on him to fire you. you dont need to tank it, just play like your tim thomas-not playing up to your ability and be a disappointment.. (thats right tim...kenyon still owns your arse)

Reactions: bigbabyjesus

·
Registered
263 Posts
the nets are on the rise, not only should the sixers watch their backs but the cavs too, don't be surprised if three atlantic teams make the playoffs the way the cavs are playing now. Z is hurt so their only scoring option is LBJ and LBJ is lookin more like kobe now opting to shoot the ball more instead of moving the ball around and being the Magic Johnson type player.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts