Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

...(Billy) Knight described the deal as "the ugly part of the business," but it is no secret why he made the trade. By making the deal, the Hawks will cut more than $24 million in salary for next season......

....Wallace had been the subject of several trade rumors, including a rumored deal that included Abdur-Rahim and Chris Crawford. Wallace recently rejected a $60 million contract extension with the Blazers, leaving them with little choice but to trade him or let him walk this summer as a free agent....

......"I have to do what's best for the organization," Knight said, as his eyes began welling up. "What's best for me is to stay around a guy like Shareef as much as I can. . . . He's the perfect guy. Unfortunately with the situation we're in, this is what we have to deal with. The situation dictated this."...

.....Dickau, a former standout from Gonzaga, is a native of Vancouver, Wash., which is a 20-minute drive from Portland. His wife, Heather, was a former dancer for the Trail Blazers.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Did not seem like Knight wanted to do this but had too...

we finally seemed to get a trade from dealing from a position of strength

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wow...abosolutely nothing about what Sheed brings to the table. Just regret and rebuilding.

Depressing. It will be interesting to see if Sheed just mails it in or really works to bring his stock up. Something tells me he just doesn't have it in him. He's a short-timer.

Would he --really-- go to the Knicks for the MLE? Sheesh, seems like an actual possibility now.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me, Sheed loves Atlanta. It's mecca for life after the NBA - especially, if you're into hip-hop, which he is.

The only question is, if Atlanta "wants" to re-sign him, or not. The Hawks are in a cost-cutting mode as there is uncertainty regarding ownership.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I was reading.. it was the 2nd time Knight traded SAR.. Vancouver and now Atlanta.... :eek:

probably does not get Christmas cards from SAR either....

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
Trust me, Sheed loves Atlanta. It's mecca for life after the NBA - especially, if you're into hip-hop, which he is.

The only question is, if Atlanta "wants" to re-sign him, or not. The Hawks are in a cost-cutting mode as there is uncertainty regarding ownership.

He will also love Atlanta, because the fans don't give a damn about the team, and Sheed doesn't give a damn about fans. What a beautiful union.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>Peaceman</b>!

He will also love Atlanta, because the fans don't give a damn about the team, and Sheed doesn't give a damn about fans. What a beautiful union.
:laugh:

Too bad Bonzi didn't come here. That would have been even more perfect.

Heh, I would have died to see Bonzi do a Cracker Barrel commercial! :rotf:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts