Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Uh oh, he's gone and insulted Morrison!

Adam Morrison – GONZAGA – SF

Ladies and gentleman, the next Keith Van Horn! He probably won’t enter the draft this year, but as it stands, extremely one dimensional player who can shoot pretty well from anywhere on the floor, but is slow to create his own shot, which he might be able to get away with on the college level, but not on the pro level. Doesn’t appear to be as good a three point shooter as advertised, which will need to be improved if he’s going to have a chance in the NBA. Not a guy who will mix it up, and is a poor defender. He has good size and long arms, but doesn’t seem to ever even bother shots by opposing players, and rarely keeps his man in front of him. Morrison will have to improve drastically on the defensive end to ever stick on an NBA roster, or he’ll have to get his shooting touch to the point where he’s so accurate that he can stick as a spot shooter in an eighth man role off the bench.

·
Registered
853 Posts
wow!!! you can pretty much discredit everything he says about adam when he claims that he will never "mix it up"....are you kidding me??!?!?! anybody who has actually seen adam and the bulldogs play a few games know damn well that adam isnt afraid of anybody and doing whatever (including physical and verbal confrontations) it takes to win at ALL costs....dont get me wrong there are a few things morrison needs to work on (defense and a more consistent 3 point stroke) but he far better than what this duesche says...go blazers!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
furball said:
http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_12125.shtml

I think he overrates Sean May and underrates Charlie Villenueva. He'll either be another Rasheed Wallace or another John Wallace.
Villenueva seems to be a horrible defender. They were taking him out on defense in UCONN's last game. He was in on the last play because NC State didn't call a time out, then he didn't hedge the screen, and let Hodge make whatever move he wanted.

I do like his offensive skill set, so maybe it's something Villenueva can improve on. Good thing he didn't come out last year like he was thinking about doing.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Actually, I don't watch college games very often, let alone Gonzaga, but in my viewing of their two tourney games, I have to admit that while he did a good job scoring, he certianly is not a good defender, as he seemed to play too lax and without enough awareness, which doesn't serve well if he may already be too slow to guard 2's.

Overall, I think he might very well be similar to Luke Jackson, in that he is too slow to guard 2's.

And I'm really noot so sure about him declaring this year either. I mean, zagfans sure doesn't think that he will.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
How would we know if Luke Jackson can guard 2's...he hasn't even hardly got to play this year due to injury.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
hasoos said:
How would we know if Luke Jackson can guard 2's...he hasn't even hardly got to play this year due to injury.
Exactly....People are comparing college player to Luke Jacksons NBA game, when we haven't even got a chance to see what Luke Jackson can do in the NBA....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts