Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
That's a damn good article. I like the points he made towards the end as well. In terms of how this relates to Curry. I hope someone pastes that artcle to his locker. Because he needs to remember who he is. He's a starting C in the NBA. What does that mean? That means that you are ranked by your ability to match your peers, and right now in the heavy-weight division Shaq rules the world. He's Mike Tyson in his Prime, and like the artcle says, if his body breaks down and leads to a premature retirement, then he'll retire in his Prime and we won't have the pleasure of seeing his crown of dominance thrown off of his bald head (kind of like that other bald guy - oh but wait, he came back out of retirement, not just once, but twice, which would be once too many - unless you're a Wiz fan (BCH).) Anyway, I say someone on the Bulls staff (or team) needs to light a fire under Curry's a'ss. He's got a starting job in the NBA, he better start working like a man - and I don't mean just off the court - but on the court too. Busting his butt to gain every bit of edge that he can, bcs as a 19 year old kid no ref's going to give him respect (except that earned through his silky sweet moves up and around the basket). He needs to start gunning for the big guys. He needs to start seeing Shaq's face when he eats his morning cereal and growl like Tony the Tiger. (okay sarcasm) You know what I mean. He's got to be hungry. If you think about it, that's what has distinguished the best players in this league. And I don't doubt that Curry will get to that point as well, there's no way he's going to go the Shawn Kemp, or Vin Baker route (unless he gets injured or something) and I do believe he has a solid workethic and determination, he just didn't enter the league with that brazen desire to achieve stardom - but hey, maybe that's a good thing. That kind of attitude can do as much harm as good as seen in the likes of Kobe (in his early years) and Iverson (although his issues go far beyond plain egoism).

Read the article if you haven't already. It's good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts