16 games that Eddy played in January: 7 assists

Last 3 games: 10 assists

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GB</b>!
16 games that Eddy played in January: 7 assists

Last 3 games: 10 assists
Weren't you the one that pulled the stunt about Fizer being traded to gS for Claxton&Chaney????

I dont believe you:D

It was about time Eddy started passing out of triple teaming

·
Registered
140 Posts
That is an interesting and encouraging stat GB, as is Skiles reaction to Curry's new career high of 4 assists last night, when our current coach who once had 30 assists, said how many did he have 2?

A player in his third year with a career high going into that game of 3, pretty much says it all about his passing ability, but he has shown encouraging improvement there recently, a very good sign. I sometimes think he may have regressed a little on his scoring this year, becuse now that he is getting more minutes and more attention from opposing defenses, they are targeting his weaknesses more.

The future potential of this offense with the existing cast is dependent on an inside out approach, with Curry and Chandler representing an effective high percentage option down low, the ability to draw fouls, and their weakest link, the ability to kick it back out to Hinrich and Crawford for three pointers.

I think Curry and Chandler will both be pretty successful as the first and second option down low. It looks like both will be high FG percentage shooters, and draw alot of fouls. Their ability to make Hinrich and Crawford better needs alot more developement, and will be a key to future success. I think Skiles would much rather see Crawford in particular taking a higher percentage of his shots as open kickbacks from Curry than the higher difficulty shots he largely creates on his own now.

Maybe the best thing to get Curry's priorities straight is to emphasize two statistics for him, rebounds and assists. As far as last nights performance, the 12 rebounds and 4 assists are far more important to his developement than his points. He will be a very good scorer, that will come, and if he continues in those too areas his potential as a player is soooooooo much higher, that I hope everyone stops measuring his game by game performance in his scoring numbers, and say how many rebounds and assists did you get tonight. The scoring will take care of itself and in fact become easier as he gets better passing out of double teams. He has to make team pay for doubling him, and he has the outside threats in Hinrich and Crawford to make that happen.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Re: Re: Interesting Eddy Stat

Originally posted by <b>unBULLievable</b>!
Weren't you the one that pulled the stunt about Fizer being traded to gS for Claxton&Chaney????

I dont believe you:D
:laugh: :laugh:

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Stats aside, did anyone see the pass EC had in the second quarter last night. Curry was on the block and jumping out of bounds swung the ball around his man to (I think it was) AD under the hoop. Sick. One of the best passes from a big man I have seen all season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts