Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Interesting Read - on Redick and Morrison in the NBA

983 Views 32 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  The Truth
Redick, Morrison and the NBA. check this out

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/5439754
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Congratulations to J.J. for a super-duper career against immature undergraduates whose coaches were easily outmaneuvered by Coack K. Here's hoping that Redick majored in an academic subject that will provide him and his with a viable livelihood

oh dear.

:laugh:
I can't imagine JJ not being a decent bench player.
TripleDouble said:
I can. I think he'll be just like Trajan Langdon. He'll get drafted, play out his rookie contract, and then only be seen in the afternoon on NBA TV. Playing overseas. He'll make a nice living off of the rookie contract. He can always be another assistant coach at Duke.
Charlotte has Morrison locked in with their pick and wouldn't possibly consider drafting anyone else, apparently.
TripleDouble said:
Yeah, but that wouldn't make for a provocative article.
RipDirty said:
I can. I think he'll be just like Trajan Langdon. He'll get drafted, play out his rookie contract, and then only be seen in the afternoon on NBA TV. Playing overseas. He'll make a nice living off of the rookie contract. He can always be another assistant coach at Duke.
Comparing him to Trajan Langdon; that's not a tired comparison...
The Truth said:
Comparing him to Trajan Langdon; that's not a tired comparison...
What's the difference?
RipDirty said:
What's the difference?

oh lord...

Redick may be slow and unathletic, but he is still a much better athlete than Langdon.

Langdon was playing on two bum knees. He couldn't move, he couldn't jump. He was primarily a stand-still shooter. Redick is much better at using screens to get shots. Redick has a MUCH quicker release. Redick is a better scorer within the 3 point line. Redick jumps much higher on his jump shot and has a higher release. Redick has more range. Redick is better at shooting a closely contested 3.

And not to mention, everything that Langdon could do, Redick can simply do better. If they are the basically the same player, why didn't Langdon put up even close to the numbers that Redick put up?

Most people also forget that Langdon's short NBA career was crippled with injuries. JJ's never had injury problems.
I agree. Whenever it's a Duke guard mentioned, people fire out the Langdon thing. Or Avery. Doesn't seem fair.
Reactions: 1
ShamBulls said:
I agree. Whenever it's a Duke guard mentioned, people fire out the Langdon thing. Or Avery. Doesn't seem fair.
and unfortunately I'm usually the chump to try to straighten them out. :nonono:
The Truth said:
oh lord...

Redick may be slow and unathletic, but he is still a much better athlete than Langdon.

Langdon was playing on two bum knees. He couldn't move, he couldn't jump. He was primarily a stand-still shooter. Redick is much better at using screens to get shots. Redick has a MUCH quicker release. Redick is a better scorer within the 3 point line. Redick jumps much higher on his jump shot and has a higher release. Redick has more range. Redick is better at shooting a closely contested 3.

And not to mention, everything that Langdon could do, Redick can simply do better. If they are the basically the same player, why didn't Langdon put up even close to the numbers that Redick put up?

Most people also forget that Langdon's short NBA career was crippled with injuries. JJ's never had injury problems.
Trajan played with Elton Brand and William Avery. He was the third option on that team. I can tell this is a sensative issue for you. No need to get upset. You sound like Duke Vitale. I don't care who Redick sucks for in the league. As long as its not for the Bulls. He can go back to Cameron put on his girl scout uniform and shoot free throws. IMO
RipDirty said:
Trajan played with Elton Brand and William Avery. He was the third option on that team. I can tell this is a sensative issue for you. No need to get upset. You sound like Duke Vitale. I don't care who Redick sucks for in the league. As long as its not for the Bulls. He can go back to Cameron put on his girl scout uniform and shoot free throws. IMO
Actually, Langdon had Brand for just over one season. Avery was only in the starting lineup with Langdon for one season.

Langdon averaged 17.3 points his senior year. Brand averaged 17.7. Avery averaged 14.9.

FWIW, Redick averaged 26.8 this season.

And thanks for the Duke Vitale comment. I appreciate it.

Girl Scout uniform? Where do you come up with this stuff?

It's noted that you didn't try to actually back up your argument but instead started in with the insults.

Nothing like a sweet 16 loss to bring out the duke haters.
See less See more
I don't think Reddick will be one of the top 10 in this draft down the road. But barring accident or injury, there's no reason he's going to suddenly turn to crap in the pros.
The Truth said:
Actually, Langdon had Brand for one season. Avery was only in the starting lineup with Langdon for one season.

And thanks for the Duke Vitale comment. I appreciate it.

Girl Scout uniform? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Nothing like a sweet 16 loss to bring out the duke haters.
I don't hate Duke. They just get way too much credit and always seem to flop. Not to mention having to play against the refs as well. Trajan actully had Avery for 2 seasons and Elton for a season and a half. Remember he broke is foot freshman year and came back at the end of the season. As for the girl scout reference. He looked like a girl scout with all that crying. Tell him to wait until he gets in the locker room next time.
ShamBulls said:
I don't think Reddick will be one of the top 10 in this draft down the road. But barring accident or injury, there's no reason he's going to suddenly turn to crap in the pros.
I agree. I've never said I think he's going to be a very good NBA player. But comparing him to Trajan Langdon is shortsighted.
RipDirty said:
I don't hate Duke. They just get way too much credit and always seem to flop. Not to mention having to play against the refs as well. Trajan actully had Avery for 2 seasons and Elton for a season and a half. Remember he broke is foot freshman year and came back at the end of the season. As for the girl scout reference. He looked like a girl scout with all that crying. Tell him to wait until he gets in the locker room next time.
But Avery didn't start until his sophomore season (there was a guy named Steve Wojciechowski on that team) and Brand missed much of his freshman season with a foot injury. Trust me, you don't have to tell me that.

Man, what's with you and the girl scouts?...
Man, what's with you and the girl scouts?...[/QUOTE]

I'm really R. Kelly.
The Truth said:
But Avery didn't start until his sophomore season (there was a guy named Steve Wojciechowski on that team) and Brand missed much of his freshman season with a foot injury. Trust me, you don't have to tell me that.

Man, what's with you and the girl scouts?...
I'm really R. Kelly.
And I didn't mean to post that answer that many times. My bad.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.