Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard on KFXX (lord knows why I bother listening to that crappy station anymore) that Pritchard says Seung-Jin will get "significant minutes" guarding Yao tonight.

Two thoughts:

1. Good chance for the kid to see, close up, what the Blazers are looking for from him in the not-so-distant future.

2. Good chance for the kid to get humiliated.

PBF

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
So Ha plays basically not at all for weeks, and then gets "significant minutes" against one of the two guys in the league over which he doesn't have a big size advantage? How does that make sense? Why didn't we play him "significant minutes" against, say, the Wizards or the Knicks?

barfo

·
Registered
910 Posts
if ha plays, he will get schooled by yao. might as well start him against shaq while we're at it. ha is about another 3 years away from being a bench player, much less doing anything positive. size means nothing if you dont use it right, and he doesn't look like the type who wants to cram the ball down someones throat, or dunk on people and yell at em. thats how more players need to be.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I think this is actually a pretty good move. Yao is a very good player, but two things he's not are:

1. Quick
2. Physical

He's not slow and he's not soft, but centers like Etan Thomas and Mike Sweetney are much quicker than Ha, and a center like Shaq would just run him over.

Ha might not slow Yao down because of Ming's incredible skills, and Ha might end up in foul trouble, but I think that it's possible he'll be able to play good position defense and make a good impression tonight.

Ed O.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Ed O said:
I think this is actually a pretty good move. Yao is a very good player, but two things he's not are:

1. Quick
2. Physical

He's not slow and he's not soft, but centers like Etan Thomas and Mike Sweetney are much quicker than Ha, and a center like Shaq would just run him over.

Ha might not slow Yao down because of Ming's incredible skills, and Ha might end up in foul trouble, but I think that it's possible he'll be able to play good position defense and make a good impression tonight.

Ed O.

if all else fails, he can do the splits on D and stand on his head on offense and confuse Yao.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Did you know "tidbit" is a prudish re-working of the original "titbit" (which is still in use in England)? Apparently you godly Yanks get all flustered saying that. (We also have birds called tits in England. Blue tits, great tits. I kid you not.

Oh, and the terms "dark meat" and "light meat" come from the same incredibly repressed period, because it was deemed improper to say breast or even leg. Of course, when I see what the filter has done to this post, I'll probably get a reminder of those times.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Two thoughts

1. I honestly feel like the blazers are going to do everything in their power to make sure they lock onto the 5 spot in the lottery (assuming the stuff I read about the ping-pong ball count is accurate) and this seems like a nice step to help assure a loss.

2. This will get Ha some experience and from a physical standpoint, it's not the worst matchup possible.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Did you know "tidbit" is a prudish re-working of the original "titbit" (which is still in use in England)?
What exactly is a "titbit"? The nipple? The whole tit? The left side of the tit? Something else?

Apparently you godly Yanks get all flustered saying that . . . Oh, and the terms "dark meat" and "light meat" come from the same incredibly repressed period, because it was deemed improper to say breast or even leg.
Yes, we "godly" yanks are a silly, repressed, and prudish bunch. On the other hand, you Brits still have a ridiculous monarchy that does nothing but sip tea, ride around in horse-drawn carriages, and play polo.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
meru said:
Did you know "tidbit" is a prudish re-working of the original "titbit" (which is still in use in England)? Apparently you godly Yanks get all flustered saying that.
Either that, or we weren't aware that "tidbit" was a prudish re-working of the original "titbit" because we've never heard anyone use the word "titbit".

:reporter:

PBF

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Mr. Roger's Cardigan said:
What about Yao's behind the back move? Top 10 play of the year!
Dude, my 7 year old cousin can dribble the ball behind his back on the run. The fact that a 7-6 guy did it wasn't all that impressive. People make such a huge deal about a tall guy dribble the ball the length of the court. Yippie.

:yawn:

-Pop

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
SodaPopinski said:
Dude, my 7 year old cousin can dribble the ball behind his back on the run. The fact that a 7-6 guy did it wasn't all that impressive. People make such a huge deal about a tall guy dribble the ball the length of the court. Yippie.

:yawn:

-Pop
This reminds me of a line from one of my favorite movies...

"Helll, man my grandmas quiker and tougher than you pansies...'course she's six three, two fifty"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts