Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a good article on Insider about the top prospects in Europe. There were a few that I've never heard, and a few that I only know a little. Here are some of the "International Men of Mystery" :D

Sasha Vujacic, G, Udine
6-7, 210, 20 years old
Wasn't he at the Chicago draft camp last year?

Martynas Andriuskevicius, F/C, Zalgris (Lithuania)
7-1, 230, 18 years old
Some scouts believe he is a better prospect that Tiago or Kosta. They say Aryvdas Sabonis is his personal mentor (not a bad teacher). Likely 2005 Draft.

Luka Bogdanovic, F, Crvena Zvezda
6-10, 220, 19 years old
They say he is VladRad w/ less athleticism; likely 2nd rounder

Nemanja Alekandrov, F, FMP Zeleznik
The facts: 6-11, 210, 16 years old
Scouts say he is the best prospect in Europe. Could be top 3 next year.

Manuchar Markoishvili, G/F, Benetton
The facts: 6-6, 190, 17 years old
2 GMs believed this kid was #2 Euro prospect last year behind Darko. Seems slow start has hurt his stock; they say he would still be a 1st rounder if declared this year.

Johan Petro, F, Pau Orthez
6-11, 220, 18 years old
Very athletic, but unpolished offensive game.

Dusan Sakota, SF, Panathinaikos
The facts: 6-11, 220, 18 years old
One scout called him a young Peja. A very good shooter.

ESPN Insider

Anybody have any other info/thoughts on these guys?

P.S. Oh, and one scout says Pavel is "100 times better than he was last year." They say if he gets a good response from doctors, he is a definite top 3 pick. Former UNLV Rebel, Clipper, Wizard and current Metis Varese teammate of Pavel, Tyrone Nesby, has said he has improved a lot also. T-Nez says Pavel has gotten much tougher, is committing less dumb fouls, and is using his size in the paint instead of playing on the perimeter.

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
Yeah, that was a good article but nothing better than NBAdraft.net has told us over the last year. SOme of the prospects have declared mutiple times just to withdraw (ie: Anderson Vajeou and Victor Kyphara) This class of foriegn prospets is showing how the NBA is further leaning toward becoming more and more foreign. And like Hockey will probably become atleast half North American half International. Atleast the NBA has a salary cap and is fiscallly stable unlike the NHL.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rynobot</b>!
Yeah, that was a good article but nothing better than NBAdraft.net has told us over the last year.
You have the premium membership? I haven't seen their 2005 mock yet, so a lot these names I'm hearing for the first time.

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!

You have the premium membership? I haven't seen their 2005 mock yet, so a lot these names I'm hearing for the first time.

No, but I use to look at the future International prospects list that they use to have availibale last year.
No, but I use to look at the future International prospects list that they use to have availibale last year.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Sasha Vujacic, G, Udine
6-7, 210, 20 years old
I've seen him 1.5 years ago in U20 Junior championship and I liked his play. He is tall as for guard, so he was dominating other guards in offense. It seemed that he has more potential than Pavlovic, but Pavlovic played many minutes in Europe last season and improved, while Vujacic... I really dont know how many minutes he played in Italy and what are his stats, but I really havent heard of him much...

Martynas Andriuskevicius, F/C, Zalgiris-2 (Lithuania)
7-1, 230, 17 years old
Some scouts believe he is a better prospect that Tiago or Kosta. They say Aryvdas Sabonis is his personal mentor (not a bad teacher). Likely 2005 Draft.
The guy is playing 30 minutes by foot away from my home every weekend, but I still dont find time to go to see him :)

The only time I saw him were 3 games in the preseason last August. Well, maybe my expectations for 17 years old guy were too high, but he didnt impressed that much. But we can also count that it were first games after long summer and he hasnt played many profesional games before. And hes still 17 as his birthday is on March 12th.

So, the guy is really skinny, I mean really skinny :grinning:. His offense is very raw, few times he made some crazy shots instead of dunking, but that is fixable. His defence in two games was great, rebs and blocks, but in one of those 3 games I saw, the center of other team was smth like 3/4 of Oliver Miller and Andriuskevicius was lost everytime that guy got the ball. He quickly got into foul trouble and was of the game.

What I thought at that time was "ok you're tall, you have very long hands, but man you need to work as crazy to become normal NBA player". As I said I havent seen him since then, but his stats somehow always finds my eyes though I dont follow the league he plays that much. He plays in second Lithuanian league, which isnt very strong, but still he plays vs mature men. His team won that championship last year, but the core of the team was diferent and they all left, Andriuskevicius didnt play last season for that team, but had few practices with them. The team consists of all young players, 19 years is the oldest. Change of the team's core made some loses in start of season, but now they have smth like 10 wins in a row and Andriuskevicius is one of the leaders.

I cant find full stats of him on the net, just the Top10 stats for that league. So Andriuskevicius leads the league with 10,9 rebs and 2,72 blocks, and is 4th on the efficiency rankings of that league. He isnt on the scoring list, but the 10th place has average of 18.1 points. I believe that his ppg is somewhere between 15-18. He had 26, 17, 14 and 14 in last 4 games.

And as for Sabonis as his teacher... Sabonis while preparing for this season in Europe took young Andriuskevicius to practice with him for about a month or so. I think it should have helped him a lot.

2 GMs believed this kid was #2 Euro prospect last year behind Darko. Seems slow start has hurt his stock; they say he would still be a 1st rounder if declared this year.
Well, I havent seen Markoishvili play and I might be wrong about this, but for me hes just the next Skita. Hes from Georgia as Tsikisvili (country, not state) and was took by Benneton as Tsikisvili (Italy), in where he plays the same fews minutes as Tsikisvili if at all plays. Recently he was loaned for some team in Germany...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Sasha Vujacic, G, Udine
6-7, 210, 20 years old
Well, he is 6-7 and plays PG which is certainly intriguing (sp?) for NBA scouts! His stats in Italian league for this season: 15 games, 28.5 mpg, 14.9 ppg (51.4 2P%, 31.4 3P%, 84.8 FT%), 3.4 rpg, 2.3 apg. He had some problems with his contract this years but as far as I know it is OK now. He has a clause in it so he can leave for NBA whenever he wants. He has really developed this season but probably still needs a year or two here in Europe. I think he is much better than last year at predraft camps, so if he declares for this years draft (he said he will) he will certainly be taken.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Martynas Andriuskevicius, F/C, Zalgris (Lithuania)
7-1, 230, 18 years old
Can't say he's better than Tiago, because he's a different type of player. Perovic and he resemble each other more.

Nemanja Alekandrov, F, FMP Zeleznik
The facts: 6-11, 210, 16 years old
Scouts say he is the best prospect in Europe. Could be top 3 next year.
Could be? Unless Dwight Howard decides to stay one year in college, Aleksandrov is locked as the first pick overall next year. So is Yi Jianlian in 2006.

Must have been bad-informed GMs who told Ford Manu is the #2 Euro prospect behind Darko. He's not even the top guard prospect of players born in 1986 (that's Marco Belinelli).
BTW: He's no longer playing for Benetton. He's in Germany now, at MBC.

Dusan Sakota, SF, Panathinaikos
The facts: 6-11, 220, 18 years old
One scout called him a young Peja. A very good shooter.
Well, at 6-11 he's more Dirk than Peja.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Gousgounis</b>!
Belinelli is too underdeveloped physically to be considered an NBA prospect.....
There are many players drafted with an immature body...
Belinelli is far from being an Nba player and far from being a top european player, but at this point, 17 years old he is absolutely great.. He is really skinny, but he has the time to put on muscle...
The atletism is great... he is a superb dunker.. Tecnically is very very strong, and mature for his age.. If he starts in a European team it means he is good for sure.. Well.. I'm sincere, right now he struggles playing a lot in Euroleague and also in italian league...
Anyway he is not inferior to Marcohisvili... and has better atletism(I've seen them both some times).. he is not a man.. yet.. phisically... but is one of the best young baby talent of Europe..GO MARCo to be the first great player in the Nba.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Re: Re: International Pro Prospects

Originally posted by <b>theBirdman</b>!

Well, he is 6-7 and plays PG which is certainly intriguing (sp?) for NBA scouts! His stats in Italian league for this season: 15 games, 28.5 mpg, 14.9 ppg (51.4 2P%, 31.4 3P%, 84.8 FT%), 3.4 rpg, 2.3 apg. He had some problems with his contract this years but as far as I know it is OK now. He has a clause in it so he can leave for NBA whenever he wants. He has really developed this season but probably still needs a year or two here in Europe. I think he is much better than last year at predraft camps, so if he declares for this years draft (he said he will) he will certainly be taken.

He is now playing like the 6th man.. but he is the leader of the team... offensively is one of the best player in Italy. Unfortunately he has not played in a high level team.. I've seen a game few days ago... and I have to say he is an incredible offensive talent.. with a quite good shot(not great yet)... Can develop in a Marco Jaric type of player, more polished offensively..(this was my impression after seeing him 3-4 times this year and also last year)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MagnusPinus</b>!

There are many players drafted with an immature body...
Belinelli is far from being an Nba player and far from being a top european player, but at this point, 17 years old he is absolutely great.. He is really skinny, but he has the time to put on muscle...
The atletism is great... he is a superb dunker.. Tecnically is very very strong, and mature for his age.. If he starts in a European team it means he is good for sure.. Well.. I'm sincere, right now he struggles playing a lot in Euroleague and also in italian league...
Anyway he is not inferior to Marcohisvili... and has better atletism(I've seen them both some times).. he is not a man.. yet.. phisically... but is one of the best young baby talent of Europe..GO MARCo to be the first great player in the Nba.
Once he puts on muscles he will loose his athleticism...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

Once he puts on muscles he will loose his athleticism...
:shy: Why the hell do u say that?Ah.. u probably haven't seen Marco play so give up:upset: Don't touch my Marco:D

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

I have seen him play 5-6 times...Ever heard of a satelite dish??????
GRrr...anyway u can't say he will lose the athletism once he puts on muscle.. Are u still angry because of my bad personal review of Sofockils?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

Yes I can....A player like Belinelli will most likely have to put on 15-20 kg in order to play in the NBA.....Will he be as athletic if he does that????
No way Jose....
Maybe he will be even more athletich... U can't say nothin' right now about it.. U just don't know..

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Well, it's only a list, not a ranking, so it doesn't mean anything if he fits in there or not.

However, Tahirou Sani is a future first rounder, probably not this year, but in the next couple of years for sure.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was just looking at the Euro Under-17 championships and came across two guys who played well:

Milenko Tepic (Serbia-Montenegro) - had 31pts and 7reb to help S&M take the championship

Vytautas Nedzinskas (Lithuania) - scored 41 (last place game, but big points)

Any info on these guys?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.