Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is your roster from the international players playing in NBA ? what would be the starting 5 and reserves. (dont include Nash , Duncan , Magloire )

C : Mehmet Okur
PF: Pau Gasol
SF: Dirk Nowitzki
SG: Manu Ginobili
PG: Tony Parker

Reserves : Yao Ming , Zaza Pachulia , Boris Diaw , Hedo Turkoğlu , Peja Stojakavic , AK 47 , Darko Milicic .

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Demiloy said:
You're seriously including Okur over Yao? Talk about blatant homerism.
Yes , I do . arent you one of them that is totaly against Yao's being All Star , starting five at least ? AFter the all star break , without T mac , he is putting numbers out there with just a few win , you start considerin him better, look at the progress they have after 3 three years , what is normal for Yao is to put up such numbers ,Okur is sharing the ball with AK47 , Boozer .

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Yes , I do . arent you one of them that is totaly against Yao's being All Star , starting five at least ? AFter the all star break , without T mac , he is putting numbers out there with just a few win , you start considerin him better, look at the progress they have after 3 three years , what is normal for Yao is to put up such numbers ,Okur is sharing the ball with AK47 , Boozer .
First of all, I was always, always saying that Yao sohuld be an All-Star, and I was supporting him all year long. Any Rockets fan can tell you that.

So you're saying that Okur is better because he's not expected to put up those numbers? I don't think that's a valid argument. He might be doing great, but he's nowhere near Yao, on offense, defense, overall.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look , Okur doesnt have the same oppurtunites Yao has , let me give you a few example.

Okur - 17.8 - 9 - 2.5
Ming - 22.2 - 10.2-1.4

Ming is having 3 more shots than Okur per game , this counts 3-4 points, and Ming is having 1.2 rebounds more than Okur who is 6 - 11 whereas Ming is 7-6 , and Utah has AK47 and Boozer to grab those rebounds ,I never consider him better than Okur. If you say nnowhere near Yao , I just laughed at it. Utah is struggling for the play offs , Okur helped it in most of the time, that is Krilenko missed 20 games ,Boozer 50 and OKUR never missseda game up to now. Lastly Okur played 21 games more than Yao , I hope it is enough for now.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
notting_hill said:
What is your roster from the international players playing in NBA ? what would be the starting 5 and reserves. (dont include Nash , Duncan , Magloire )

C : Mehmet Okur
SF: Dirk Nowitzki
SG: Manu Ginobili

Reserves : Yao Ming , Zaza Pachulia , Boris Diaw , Hedo Turkoğlu , Peja Stojakavic , AK 47 , Darko Milicic .
Why would Yao be on the bench? He's done more than Okur.

Mine...

C: Yao Ming
SF: Dirk
SG: Manu

Bench : Yao Ming , Zaza Pachulia , Boris Diaw , Hedo Turkoğlu , Peja Stojakavic , AK 47 , Darko Milicic

We're pretty much the same here except for C. I still think Manu is a bit overrated.

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
TAllen42 said:
Why would Yao be on the bench? He's done more than Okur.

Mine...

Bench : Yao Ming ,

Wow, I wish I could have 2 Yaos on my team.

Only problem with Dirk at the SF is that he's too slow, already that his defense is ***, any decent SF would destroy him on defense. I'd rather have Pau come off the bench for a defensive presence and have AK47 at starting SF.

5. Yao
4. Dirk
3. AK47
2. Peja
1. Parker.

My weakest problem would be the D at the 2 because Peja would struggle but I think the team overall is still balanced in terms of defense,

bench: Big Z, Diaw, Manu, Krstic, Millicic, Calderon, Sarunas,

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
2,998 Posts
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
SF: Andrei Kirilenko
SG: Manu Ginobilli
PG: Boris Diaw (partly homerism, but honestly, if you've seen Diaw play, you know Diaw will keep the other 4 players happy with his pass first mentality. Diaw is the playmaker of the French national team, not Parker).

Bench:
Mehmet Okur
Pau Gasol
Andres Nocioni
Luol Deng
Tony Parker
Peja Stojakovic
Carlos Arroyo

This team is quite well balanced.
Shooters: Nowitzki, Stojakovic, Okur
Slasher: Ginobilli, Parker, Deng
Low post scorer: Ming, Gasol, Nowitzki
Defender: Kirilenko, Nocioni, Deng
Ball-handler: Diaw, Parker, Arroyo
unselfish, hustle, do-it-all player: Diaw, Kirilenko, Nocioni, Deng

It looks pretty complete. This team has the players to play up-tempo or big lineup

up-tempo lineup:
C: Nowitzki
PF: Kirilenko
SF: Diaw
SG: Ginobilli
PG: Parker

big lineup:
C: Ming
PF: Gasol
SF: Nowitzki
SG: Deng
PG: Diaw

and check out the Zone Buster:
C: Okur
PF: Nowitzki
SF: Stokakovic
SG: Nocioni (He's been a very good three point shooter this year, Hedo would be better tho, to bad he's not on my team)
PG: Ginobilli (none of the PG on my team can be considered zone buster, so I just put Ginobilli here. he's a solid 3pt shooter).

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
RSP83 said:
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
SF: Andrei Kirilenko
SG: Manu Ginobilli
PG: Boris Diaw (partly homerism, but honestly, if you've seen Diaw play, you know Diaw will keep the other 4 players happy with his pass first mentality. Diaw is the playmaker of the French national team, not Parker).

LoL diaw @ pg.He plays C in Suns system.Everything is possible in their system

btw I think Yao is overrated.7-6 player with only 10 rebounds per game!?!

C-Okur or Gasol
PF-Nowitzki
SF-Kirilenko
SG-Ginobili or Peja
PG-Parker

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I wish i was 7'6" so I could lay the ball in the basket without jumping. I didn't see you post on okur when Look notting hill posted what each player has done. Can Yao go out and hit the 3? Can he shoot a 20 footer? Or is he all under the basket player. Okur can do all of it.

notting hill said:
Look , Okur doesnt have the same oppurtunites Yao has , let me give you a few example.

Okur - 17.8 - 9 - 2.5
Ming - 22.2 - 10.2-1.4

Ming is having 3 more shots than Okur per game , this counts 3-4 points, and Ming is having 1.2 rebounds more than Okur who is 6 - 11 whereas Ming is 7-6 , and Utah has AK47 and Boozer to grab those rebounds ,I never consider him better than Okur. If you say nnowhere near Yao , I just laughed at it. Utah is struggling for the play offs , Okur helped it in most of the time, that is Krilenko missed 20 games ,Boozer 50 and OKUR never missseda game up to now. Lastly Okur played 21 games more than Yao , I hope it is enough for now.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
AK-47 said:
I wish i was 7'6" so I could lay the ball in the basket without jumping. I didn't see you post on okur when Look notting hill posted what each player has done. Can Yao go out and hit the 3? Can he shoot a 20 footer? Or is he all under the basket player. Okur can do all of it.
Lets just cut crap Yao is on another level I like Okur I really do but he isn't near as good as Yao. This 7'6'' doesn't mean sh*t being tall doesn't mean you are good it makes it usually harder, tall people have no vert are slow, no quickness, bad cordination, usually weight problems, stammina problems, also if you look at great rebounders they usually arent slow big dudes (thes guys don't have quick jump and actually usuall ball trajectory isn't helping them eithe it actually gives advantage to quicker smaller/stronger guys. Still Yao plays really well he infact is better rebounder its fact. btw he is able to carry team in west Okur isn't and he can hit 3 pointer and is good shooter if it comes down to long jumpers just he is so skilled post player that he can get the job down down low and doesn't have to jack up long jumpers.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okur is better in terms of both passing and ball handling too . What I do not understand , OKur came out from Detroit Pistons stuff , he proved himself to be good and meeting expectation up to now , dont forget there is AK47 and Boozer in Utah , look at Houston tell me another big man apart from Yao , if he is not to put these numbers , who would do ? Most of the time Tmac was absent. So it is very normal to have such numbers , go back to start of the season , check out Okur's game 20+ points 10+ rebounds.

I think Yao is highly over rated .

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Banjoriddim said:
Lets just cut crap Yao is on another level I like Okur I really do but he isn't near as good as Yao. This 7'6'' doesn't mean sh*t being tall doesn't mean you are good it makes it usually harder, tall people have no vert are slow, no quickness, bad cordination, usually weight problems, stammina problems, also if you look at great rebounders they usually arent slow big dudes (thes guys don't have quick jump and actually usuall ball trajectory isn't helping them eithe it actually gives advantage to quicker smaller/stronger guys. Still Yao plays really well he infact is better rebounder its fact. btw he is able to carry team in west Okur isn't and he can hit 3 pointer and is good shooter if it comes down to long jumpers just he is so skilled post player that he can get the job down down low and doesn't have to jack up long jumpers.
Are you sure that Okur is not carrying come on man ? Krilenko missed nearly 20 games and Boozer out with 50. Please re - read my posts over there . Dont say : no near to Yao. Just lookk at those stats

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
notting_hill said:
Okur is better in terms of both passing and ball handling too . What I do not understand , OKur came out from Detroit Pistons stuff , he proved himself to be good and meeting expectation up to now , dont forget there is AK47 and Boozer in Utah , look at Houston tell me another big man apart from Yao , if he is not to put these numbers , who would do ? Most of the time Tmac was absent. So it is very normal to have such numbers , go back to start of the season , check out Okur's game 20+ points 10+ rebounds.

I think Yao is highly over rated .
Ok no TMac=good numbers but same argument works on Okur too (no AK/Boozer) but difference is that Yao got some wins Okur didn't end up that well another example in Euro championship Okur had good team but he sucked totally he had really bad numbers, really bad ones he couldn't carry hes team and he had good players. Yao in other hand carrys China and does it well.
And for center what does ball handeling mean? I must say I take lowpost presence over it. Another thin Yao passes really well and if Okur is so good why is Yao basicly allways double teamed and Okur rarely? Yao is going neck to neck with Shaq Okur isn't even in Big Ben's or Camby's level. Bring on the facts and then talk who is better player.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.