Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ION Television has teamed with WWE for a new weekly one-hour original series. WWE Main Event will debut on October 3 and will air on Wednesday nights at 8 PM. It will feature WWE stars from the rosters of Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown, feature in-ring action and fit in storylines from Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown. The new show provides WWE with a show on a broadcast network for the first time since Friday Night SmackDown left UPN and gives the wrestling federation weekly programs on Monday (Monday Night Raw on USA), Wednesday (WWE Main Event on ION) and Friday (Friday Night SmackDown on Syfy). “As a general entertainment network with a solid foundation, WWE Main Event is a great addition to our lineup that features something for everyone,” said Brandon Burgess, CEO, ION Media Networks.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/ion-launching-wwe-weekly-wrestling-show/

im hoping this is a show dedicated to Cruisers and Tag Teams

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Whatever to the WGN show?

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts
It will probably end up like Superstars and be online only eventually...if it lasts.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
i know what will help the ratings, lets keep overblowing the market with wrestling shows.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
yawn.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
anyone here going to watch wrestling 3 days a week? 4 if there is a ppv? 5 if you actually like tna?

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
I dont watch smackdown, and i play ball on mondays or am watching the brewer game so i usually dvr raw and speed watch it in about 45 minutes.... shit 12-13 years ago raw was must see tv for me and i would watch every single second of it

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Wait so adding an extra hour to Raw wasn't enough for them? Now they need to have another show?

How uninspiring. A third show where all we will ever see is mid card talent and probably will average less than 1.0 in the ratings. Great.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
New Jack said it best: Vince is killing the industry by eliminating the competition and over saturating the market with the same product.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Honestly, I think that this new show and the extra hour to Raw will spell doom for the WWE (well, not like the kind of doom that ECW and WCW had but they will suffer financially and probably ratings wise) if they continue to go in this direction with their product. I mean, John Cena and the Big Show in the MITB ladder match? Horrible.

The only thing keeping WWE interesting is the Bryan/Punk storyline, and that's mostly due to AJ's character being so random and unpredictable through out the past month that it's giving viewers a reason to want to watch it. I can remember around this time a year ago, people were saying that Raw suddenly good for the first time in god knows how long, and then they went on to have arguably the best PPV in all of pro wrestling that year. Where's the excitement, the unpredictability. Give us something. Don't say that Cena will have a history making announcement and then have it end up being him going into the MITB. That's terrible!

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Wait so adding an extra hour to Raw wasn't enough for them? Now they need to have another show?

How uninspiring. A third show where all we will ever see is mid card talent and probably will average less than 1.0 in the ratings. Great.
yeah I don't get it. They can't make 4 hours of entertaining television, and now they're gonna try making 6?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts