Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reliable sources inform me that Iona has received a verbal from Mike Harris, a 6-3 combo guard out of Marion Franklin HS in Columbus, Ohio.

Harris is a player. He was nominated for the 2006 McDonald's All-American team, and Prep Hoops Online lists him among their honorable mentions for their top 100 preps listing. In 2004, Rivals listed him as getting interest from half the Big 10 as well as North Carolina. In the end, Iona beat out Miami of Ohio for his services. Not sure who else was in the mix.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Here is Harris' "list" from Rivals - it looks old - but a nice list. No current info on him on Rivals - no articles or anything. None of these schools were listed as offering.

North Carolina High

Bowling Green Medium

Dayton Medium

Norfolk St. Medium

Ohio Medium

Penn State Medium

Purdue Medium

Michigan Low

Michigan State Low

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
GuyF said:
Reliable sources inform me that Iona has received a verbal from Mike Harris, a 6-3 combo guard out of Marion Franklin HS in Columbus, Ohio.

Harris is a player. He was nominated for the 2006 McDonald's All-American team, and Prep Hoops Online lists him among their honorable mentions for their top 100 preps listing. In 2004, Rivals listed him as getting interest from half the Big 10 as well as North Carolina. In the end, Iona beat out Miami of Ohio for his services. Not sure who else was in the mix.
Which means you probably lost out on combo guard Tyrone Lewis from the Philly suburbs to RIDER. Let's wait to see the press in the next couple days. If Lewis is coming to RIDER expect a million BAAHAHAHAHs because some scouts were projecting him as a high major recruit. Miami Ohio is also in the mix, however, based on the fact that you signed a different combo guard, he probably chose RIDER.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Tyrone Lewis would be a nice "get” for a MAAC program he is rated 470 by hoopscoop, which equates to a nice MAAC player, certainly not a major prospect, but add him to #317 Ryan Thompson and maybe Rider gets a back court after last year’s disastrous recruits

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
soup said:
Here is Harris' "list" from Rivals - it looks old - but a nice list. No current info on him on Rivals - no articles or anything. None of these schools were listed as offering.

North Carolina High

Bowling Green Medium

Dayton Medium

Norfolk St. Medium

Ohio Medium

Penn State Medium

Purdue Medium

Michigan Low

Michigan State Low
Was Harris hurt or something last season? All his recruiting info is over a year old, and Hoopscoop doesn't list him in thier top 1000 players for 2006

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
SienaTony said:
Tyrone Lewis would be a nice "get” for a MAAC program he is rated 470 by hoopscoop, which equates to a nice MAAC player, certainly not a major prospect, but add him to #317 Ryan Thompson and maybe Rider gets a back court after last year’s disastrous recruits
Agreed, but I don't care what Hoopscoop rates him. Some scouts in the Philly area had him projected as a high major prospect. Also, you need to realize that the Philly/South Jersey/Eastern PA region is considered the best in the country this year. It has the largest percentage of the most highly rated players in the country. Guys like Lewis fell under the radar but would be stud recruits in other areas of the country.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
RiderRaver said:
Agreed, but I don't care what Hoopscoop rates him. Some scouts in the Philly area had him projected as a high major prospect. Also, you need to realize that the Philly/South Jersey/Eastern PA region is considered the best in the country this year. It has the largest percentage of the most highly rated players in the country. Guys like Lewis fell under the radar but would be stud recruits in other areas of the country.
Raver, not sure wher eyou got the notion that Philly/South NJ/East PA is the best this year - everywhere I have heard, read, and seen, Baltimore-Washington is the best in the nation this year... four of the top 10 HS programs are in the Baltimore-Washington area and it has some of the best players in the class as well. I do believe the Philly area is up there this year however, it is above the NYC area.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
MacDog said:
Raver, not sure wher eyou got the notion that Philly/South NJ/East PA is the best this year - everywhere I have heard, read, and seen, Baltimore-Washington is the best in the nation this year... four of the top 10 HS programs are in the Baltimore-Washington area and it has some of the best players in the class as well. I do believe the Philly area is up there this year however, it is above the NYC area.
Hoopscoop has a report on the region, calling it arguable, but Philly region has the most talent in the country this year.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
RiderRaver said:
Hoopscoop has a report on the region, calling it arguable, but Philly region has the most talent in the country this year.
Just one post before this you said, "I don't care what Hoopscoop rates him," and now you are using Hoopscoop to prove your point about the best region?

I have seen the best of both regions. I still give the nod to Baltimore-Washington. Look at the teams in those regions - DeMatha, Mount St. Joe, Montrose Christian, Oak Hill. It doesn't get any better. And tha'ts not to mention all the individual talent on other teams (Chris Wright, for example).

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
MacDog said:
Just one post before this you said, "I don't care what Hoopscoop rates him," and now you are using Hoopscoop to prove your point about the best region?

I have seen the best of both regions. I still give the nod to Baltimore-Washington. Look at the teams in those regions - DeMatha, Mount St. Joe, Montrose Christian, Oak Hill. It doesn't get any better. And tha'ts not to mention all the individual talent on other teams (Chris Wright, for example).
I think you are comparing apples and oranges, regional reports, especially on major metro areas like Philadelphia on the quality of the talent in the region has to be more credible than individual player rankings. I am not saying you are right or wrong, I am telling you what Hoopscoop had in print about the region. I personally don’t care if they rate Lewis 300 or 500, I happen to know the Philly beat scouts think very highly of him, as mentioned, some felt he could develop into a high major prospect.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RiderRaver said:
Which means you probably lost out on combo guard Tyrone Lewis from the Philly suburbs to RIDER. Let's wait to see the press in the next couple days. If Lewis is coming to RIDER expect a million BAAHAHAHAHs because some scouts were projecting him as a high major recruit. Miami Ohio is also in the mix, however, based on the fact that you signed a different combo guard, he probably chose RIDER.
If you need to tell yourself this to give yourself a chub, go for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.