Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WINDERMAN: Sunday NBA column
Despite not getting the national respect, the red-hot Nets are opening some eyes.

Published March 26, 2006

It's difficult to disrespect the no-respect claim in New Jersey.

"We haven't had one TNT game all year," forward Richard Jefferson said last week of the league's exclusive Thursday cable showcase. "That makes no sense. It's not jealousy, but we've had the division lead all year, we have an All-Star in Vince Carter, one of the game's most exciting players in J-Kidd, we're playing exciting basketball, and we can't get any love from these people? Ridiculous."

In a season defined by a stand-alone top five of San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, Detroit and the Heat, the Nets are in the midst of expanding the league's elite to a half-dozen.

Rest of the article/Link:http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/sfl-ira26mar26,0,2151434.column?coll=sfla-sports-col

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Thanks for the article.

Reactions: justasking?

· Banned
57,945 Posts
Elite half dozen... interesting.

-Petey

· Registered
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
2,865 Posts
This is why chiropractors are crazy:
Married to a chiropractor, Carter said there is little use for modern medicine in his household. "She's big on 'The body will heal itself,' " he said. "Last time I took medicine, I left the bottle on the counter one day, and the next day it was thrown out."
I also hadn't realized that the nets and the clippers are the only teams holding opponents to fewer than 10 offensive rebounds a game. if only we had mark blount here to help get that average up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.