Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Is Andrew Bogut an impact player?

263 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  speedythief 
#1 ·
It's too early to consider him a star or a bust based on his drafting position but do you think he will be an impact player?
I just can't see him scoring much or making a lot of impact but more of a utility role player. On another note, it's a sad state of affairs for college game when he is the best college player last year

#2 ·
He'll be a very good player down the line, he's just not being used much in the Bucks offense. Not to mention if memory serves me, I believe he's playing PF for them which isn't his natural position.

It's too early to say anything bad about the kid, he's just not getting enough touches.

#3 ·
I don't understand how he's being used. It would make more sense to start Gadzilla and bring Bogut off the bench, because he isn't playing a volume of minutes that demand he be in the starting lineup. And he plays like a centre.

Stotts has been benching Bogut & Magloire in late-game situations. In two games against the Raptors I would guess that each of those guys got less than ten minutes in the second half of the two games, including the overtime one. That's with Gadzilla fouling out in the second game.

I think Bogut will eventually be a very good centre. I don't think he is an impact player right now.

And he's not a bust because he has been good in limited exposure and as we all know but must repeat, big men take more time to develop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.