Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know there are essentially 2 camps, the Kobe Haters (sheep) and the Kobe fans (gods) but this is just my opinion, and im obviously pretty bias. But honestly, is anyone out there just neutral on the Kobe situation? LET YOURSELVES BE KNOWN!

·
Registered
196 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
So we all know there are essentially 2 camps, the Kobe Haters (sheep) and the Kobe fans (gods) but this is just my opinion, and im obviously pretty bias. But honestly, is anyone out there just neutral on the Kobe situation? LET YOURSELVES BE KNOWN!
Neutral on the kobe situation --> NO, If you mean the situation kobe has put himself and the lakers in.

Neutral on Kobe--> Yes, depends of the type of game he shows up with.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you respect and acknowledge that he is one the best players in the league, but do not respect who he is as a person?

Acceptable, i guess.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
I'm nuetral. I think Kobe is the 5th or 6th best player in the league, well behind Duncan, Shaq and Garnett. He is on the same level with Nowitzki and McGrady. This has been my position on him for a couple years now, and it's funny how that position could have made me a "Kobe-hater" back then, but could make me bias in his favor now, even though he is virtually the same player.

·
Registered
740 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
So you respect and acknowledge that he is one the best players in the league, but do not respect who he is as a person?

This is pretty much how i feel. He's amongst only a few other players in the league right now who are as athletic, talented and skilled but i dont respect him very much as a person. i feel that he can be pretty selfish, take bad shots and when you hear players who have played with him talk about him you dont hear the nicest things or they avoid saying anything incriminating. So in conclusion kobe as a player is amazing but i cant idolize someone i dont respect.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
enough of the kobe threads.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Kobe is Kobe. I don't see why he is a big deal right now since their season looks to be over.

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts
I'm kind of neutral on Kobe. I mean I like his game, but I hate his team and most of his fans. (Most, not all)

I guess that makes me neutral on everything involving Kobe. But it wouldn't actually make me neutral on Kobe the player himself, cause I like him.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Pay Ton said:
I'm kind of neutral on Kobe. I mean I like his game, but I hate his team and most of his fans. (Most, not all)

I guess that makes me neutral on everything involving Kobe. But it wouldn't actually make me neutral on Kobe the player himself, cause I like him.
I can agree with this, except I don't hate the Lakers.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
I am a Kobe hater, but I acknowledge that Kobe is the most talented wing player in the NBA (until Lebron puts it together on D, that is). He possesses an unholy combination of speed, strength, coordination, touch, and will. However, I think he's an awful team player, and most likely a horrible human being (from the limitted information I have to go on). And being a team first player is the number one thing for me. I can't stand guys who put themselves before the team.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
im not a kobe fan, i really actually dont like kobe, he is the best one on one player, an amazing talent, gets more hatred than he actually deserves... it seems as if everyone turned their back on him.... i however no matter how much i hate kobe, i would put him on my team any day of the week... when kobe starts leading his team to the conference finals, there will be new reasons to dislike him, he is in a no win situation and its a terrible thing to see....

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
SeaNet said:
I am a Kobe hater, but I acknowledge that Kobe is the most talented wing player in the NBA (until Lebron puts it together on D, that is). He possesses an unholy combination of speed, strength, coordination, touch, and will. However, I think he's an awful team player, and most likely a horrible human being (from the limitted information I have to go on). And being a team first player is the number one thing for me. I can't stand guys who put themselves before the team.
How can you say he is "most likely" a horrible human being then go on to state that you have limited information?

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Spriggan said:
How can you say he is "most likely" a horrible human being then go on to state that you have limited information?
The 'I think' from earlier in the sentence is supposed to carry over to the 'most likely a horrible human being' part. Its just my opinion. I think he's most likely a horrible human being based on the information I have from what is available in the public domain. I do now however, know him personally, so you never know. I was trying to be judicious. Perhaps it didn't come through.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I Like to think that I am neutral..but im probally a little bias in favor of Kobe

I couldn't stand the Lakers and especially Kobe a couple years ago...I, like a lot of people, felt it was a disrect to my religion when people made the Jordan comparisons...u know "kobe is better than Jordan at age 23" Kobe is better than Jordan at 24" Kobe is better than Jordan at 25"( that was very, very, very annoying).....

...but because hating Kobe has become so fashionable(sp?) I've become a fan of his....he's not one my favorite player, but I root for his success (if anything, just to shut the haters up)...

...what's really annoying are the "know it all" media people...who's basic philosphy is "Shaq-right" Kobe-wrong" "Shaq-good "Kobe-evil" "Diesel-God" "Jely-Bean Jr.-Devil"

So I may or may not be neutral on Kobe....but I know I aint on Shaq...I can't stand the dude now :biggrin:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
I'm neutral, because I like him only as a player...I have nothing invested in him emotionally. If he got hurt and was no longer particularly effective, he'd no longer be among my favourite players because, outside of one or two exceptions here and there, I like players based only on how much I enjoy watching them play.

I've argued for Bryant and against him; it all depends on whether I think he's being overrated or underrated, or unfairly being given credit/blame, by the person I'm responding to.

My take on him is that he's a brilliant shooting guard, essentially tied with Tracy McGrady as the most talented and impactful perimeter player of his generation (although LeBron James looks poised to pass them both up). He's not a top-ten player of all-time, but he's a top-30 talent, all-time. His scoring game is nearly as diverse as Jordan's, but with a worse shot. He's an excellent rebounder for his position and a very good passer and ball-handler. His defense has generally been good, but was overrated in the years that he won All-Defense first team. He's currently the fourth or fifth best player in basketball.

Reactions: Brian34Cook

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
tone wone said:
I Like to think that I am neutral..but im probally a little bias in favor of Kobe

I couldn't stand the Lakers and especially Kobe a couple years ago...I, like a lot of people, felt it was a disrect to my religion when people made the Jordan comparisons...u know "kobe is better than Jordan at age 23" Kobe is better than Jordan at 24" Kobe is better than Jordan at 25"( that was very, very, very annoying).....
Don't worry. There are a LOT of players that were better at the same age than Jordan till Jordan turned 30... :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts