Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think when banks develops he is what we will need the most with all this bulls trade talk i've been thinkin that Hinrich is what we want banks to be, He pushes, dishes, can shoot and has done an excellent job defending and of course he is you just like banks i was think about a trade and i think this works for both

Chicago trades: PG Kirk Hinrich (10.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.8 apg in 34.3 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.8 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 19.8 minutes)
Chicago receives: PG Marcus Banks (5.3 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 16.8 minutes)
SG Jiri Welsch (9.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 26.2 minutes)
SG Chris Mills 6mil off books
Change in team outlook: -3.2 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and -2.3 apg.

Boston trades: PG Marcus Banks (5.3 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 16.8 minutes)
SG Jiri Welsch (9.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 26.2 minutes)
SG Chris Mills 6mil off books
Boston receives: PG Kirk Hinrich (10.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.8 apg in 46 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (6.8 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 41 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.2 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and +2.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Boston does it caus it pretty much solves half their problem and can surely find a big man in the draft or develop perkins and hunter eventually, or even work out another deal for a post-man. This gives davis his starting role he should have and would have a line-up like this:

Hinrich/James
Davis/Erob
Pierce/Jones
Mihm/McCarty/Hunter
Blount/Perkins/Stewart

Chicago does this: They want to get rid of Crawford but clearing out hinrich might be what crawford wants, knowing banks is not going to challenge for minutes. welsch is a solid G that could start at the 2 and replace the offense Kirk had, they get mills to clear some space. The bulls dont get any worse, they gain money and maybe get a happier crawford.

JCraw/Banks
Welsch/Brunson
Pippen/Fizer/Dupree
Curry/Williams
Chandler/A Davis/Blount

·
Registered
338 Posts
it would be nice, but the bulls won't trade Hinrich, their coach has said that he is their best player at the moment. Also, Banks is a rookie PG, i'd rather keep him and let him grow in house rather tahn trade him and have him become another joe johnson/Billups ect..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah but we gave away those two as if they were nothing, we are getting something of at least equal value in Kirk Hinrich.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Nah I'm fine. Banks has the ability to be a GREAT defender for a PG. He knows and WANTS to play defense. I also don't want to call this team the Boston Jay Hawks, and to give up Jiri would mean we gave up Walker for Kirk Hinrich?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Based on potential I like what I see about Banks. Hinrich is playing better and is more mature, but I think Banks has more upside. It remains to be seen whether Banks can develop into what we need.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>el_raulin</b>!
Based on potential I like what I see about Banks. Hinrich is playing better and is more mature, but I think Banks has more upside. It remains to be seen whether Banks can develop into what we need.
You guys are NUTS! I would take Kirk over Marcus anyday. There is no way that the Bulls would give up Kirk unless PP was involved in the deal.

I don't know how Perkins is doing in practice or how he will turn out. But more and more, I really liked the initial pair we could have had in Troy Bell/Dahntay Jones. I will tell you this, having a combo of Jones and Hunter means that we wouldn't be getting pushed around on the boards, but it is all for nought anyway since our rookies rot in beantown anyway.

Welcome to Beantown ROOKIES!! Do you like Pine? Good, well get used to riding it for years to come!! :upset:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Jayhawks make pretty good pro's, but regardless of college, how long are we willing to wait, most of you cant wait till the next damn game, Hinrich is just as young really and light years ahead of Banks, its not like banks came out as a frosh, actually i think he was a senior, so whats all the unseen potential you guys are seeing. Hinrich is more mature but i dont see that as a bad thing. Welsch is a talent and maybe we could even take mills out of the deal but i doubt if on draft day we could choose between Banks and Hinrich im sure the C's would have taken Hinrich, so if this deal was being actually talked about why wouldnt they do it now.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
The Bulls needed a PG, and by the looks of it they don't like Crawford, so Hinrich was a no brainer to play.

The Celtics needed a PG badly, but thanks to O'Brien, Mike James was announced the starter and has been every game since then.

Hinrich has been given a free ride to develop, Banks hasn't...which sets him back.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Troy Bell has been on IL all season and I doubt will ever play real minutes in the NBA, Dahntey Jones has been less than impressive as well. We didn't EVER want them, they were the Grizzlies mistake.
As for trading Marcus for Hinrich, I doubt the Bulls would do it and I wouldn't do it if it included Jiri. If it was Marcus, Mills' contract and say Blount, fine but not Jiri & Marcus and Mill's contract, that is too much.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>whiterhino</b>!
Troy Bell has been on IL all season and I doubt will ever play real minutes in the NBA, Dahntey Jones has been less than impressive as well. We didn't EVER want them, they were the Grizzlies mistake.
As for trading Marcus for Hinrich, I doubt the Bulls would do it and I wouldn't do it if it included Jiri. If it was Marcus, Mills' contract and say Blount, fine but not Jiri & Marcus and Mill's contract, that is too much.
I agree with you, I went over the top on the Bell and Jones comments, it's just that I wish we had packaged our two picks to try and get into the top 10. Ooooooh, Jarvis Hayes would be so nice in a C's uniform,,,,,,,but really this talk is all moot, the celt's could have Lebron and it would do us no good. Our coaches would tell him, Lebron you have to earn your minutes like everyone else, these vets have earned their time, so hit the pine young man!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chicago trades: Mario Austin ( ppg, rpg, apg in minutes)
PG Kirk Hinrich (10.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.8 apg in 34.3 minutes)
PF Corie Blount (4.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 17.0 minutes)
Chicago receives: C Mark Blount (8.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 26.7 minutes)
PG Marcus Banks (5.3 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 16.8 minutes)
PG Chris Mills (5.3 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 16.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -8.3 ppg, -2.6 rpg, and -4.8 apg.

Boston trades: C Mark Blount (8.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 26.7 minutes)
Boston receives: Mario Austin ( ppg, rpg, apg in games)
PG Kirk Hinrich (10.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.8 apg in 46 games)
PF Corie Blount (4.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 39 games)
Change in team outlook: +8.3 ppg, +2.6 rpg, and +4.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>goNBAjayhawks</b>!
Chicago trades: Mario Austin ( ppg, rpg, apg in minutes)
PG Kirk Hinrich (10.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.8 apg in 34.3 minutes)
PF Corie Blount (4.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 17.0 minutes)
Chicago receives: C Mark Blount (8.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 26.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -8.3 ppg, -2.6 rpg, and -4.8 apg.

Boston trades: C Mark Blount (8.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.0 apg in 26.7 minutes)
Boston receives: Mario Austin ( ppg, rpg, apg in games)
PG Kirk Hinrich (10.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.8 apg in 46 games)
PF Corie Blount (4.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 39 games)
Change in team outlook: +8.3 ppg, +2.6 rpg, and +4.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
nice thought, but NO WAY the bulls do that trade

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PatBateman</b>!

nice thought, but NO WAY the bulls do that trade
No way Boston does that trade. In two years Banks will far surpass Hinrich. Marcus is already much better defensively. And if you double Banks' minutes, his offensive numbers are basically the same as Hinrich's numbers right now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
"Change in team outlook"

Again, even taking the time to figure out what the change in boards, points, and dimes is when thinking about a trade is straight stupid.

And I think we should keep in mind w/ Banks -- he could end up being our Bobby Jackson... not a floor leader dishing PG, but a sparkplug. We still need a floor general to pair w/ him though, and hopefully that'll come soon.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
I like the 1st trade idea, Welsch is a nice player and Banks can get minutes as the backup. Kirk is nice but he isnt the right point guard for this team, Crawford is! No one gets in the flow of the game with Curry as much as he does and that is very important.

PG-Jamal Crawford 20/Marcus Banks 28
SG-Jiri Welsch 30/Jamal Crawford 18
SF-Ronald Dupree 28/Jerome Williams 20
PF-Tyson Chandler 36/Jerome Williams 4/Antonio Davis 8
C- Eddy Curry 38/Antonio Davis 10

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!

No way Boston does that trade. In two years Banks will far surpass Hinrich. Marcus is already much better defensively.
You haven't watched the Bulls much this year, have you?

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Guys it way early to write off Banks. He has lots of potential; you have to give him some time. Marcus could be awesome.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I think before trading Banks we should give him some major minutes in place of James and see what he can do. Banks will be good for this team and should start at PG NOW! He pushes the ball well and plays good D, he does however need to improve his J. Overall I say keep him instead of trading for another rookie PG.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Originally posted by <b>w-h-i-t-e-b-o-y</b>!
I think before trading Banks we should give him some major minutes in place of James and see what he can do. Banks will be good for this team and should start at PG NOW! He pushes the ball well and plays good D, he does however need to improve his J. Overall I say keep him instead of trading for another rookie PG.
I don't think that his shot is the problem as much as it is his selection. When he dribbles for a while and then takes a midrange jumper, he's not that good. If he does a catch and shoot, he's usually pretty good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Didn't we wrongly give up on a point gaurd in his rookie year just a few short seasons ago?

Last time I checked, he's developed nicely.

The PG position is like quarterback in football... takes some time. Just peep guys like Steve Nash and Bobby Jackson, both fast paced players who needed some time to figure out the NBA game.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts