Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not yet guys.. Yes, he is proven that he is a good playoff performer, but he was completely outplayed by Jason Kidd. Baron is a good talent but I don't think he is worth the max at this point or will he ever.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I was just discussing this with my buddy the other day. As good a playoffs as davis had, I believe that next year will be his breakout year, establishing him as a superstar.

I can see why you'd be trepidatious about giving him the Max... but who else do the Hornets have to spend their dollars on?

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By giving Baron a MAX contract plus Mashburn close to MAx salary are enough to win the EAST but not enough to win a championship. So if you know something won't get it done, you still want to do it?

·
Registered
388 Posts
That's how you will build a solid team, and I don't think that's enough to win the East. Jamal Magloire will become even better and just wait when that comes you'll see they will challenge for the Eastern conference. Offcourse, Baron Davis is worth the max because he has that killer instinct guys like Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce have come 4th quarter time.

He's kind of inconsistent some times; that's his only weaknesses but when's he's feeling it, he's in the zone!

·
Registered
632 Posts
He's still young and learning, but he will be a "max" player. He needs to work on free throw shooting, but otherwise he is becoming one of the premier PGs in the NBA.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have issue with the word "Consistency"

How do you define this word?

Do you mean he is not able to hit shots that he is supposed to make that's called inconsistent?

Or do you mean in some nites, where he faced top defender in the game at his position but has problems with scoring that's still included in "Consistency!"

Fans like to call a player is inconsistent but then is it because he is not good enough to score on any team's player at his position nite in and nite out? Or he is just missing shots he normally makes in some nite?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Penny,
we'd like you back in your hometown Memphis. However we really need you to be healthy and we've got to do something about that $11 mill a year contract. Memphis and the Grizz wants you, but at the right price.....

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oh thanks, I am working on working to add strength on my knee right now in Texas, I will be giving out some bobble heads later next week so if you are a fan member of the Penny club, look for em in mail in a couple of weeks.:cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
No Penny, please stay away!!! We don't need anymore assistant coaches on our staff. Man tell me this, are you the highest paid assistant that's ever been in the NBA?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Baron Davis

In a few years he will be. He is the best player on the team. He has definitely surpassed Mashburn by now. I just wish he could make some free throws. I lost $20 betting my friend that the Hornets would win that series.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by bdachakeya
No Penny, please stay away!!! We don't need anymore assistant coaches on our staff. Man tell me this, are you the highest paid assistant that's ever been in the NBA?
lol, did BIG COUNTRY become one after he was injured? The guy was compared to Shaq in his rooke season. It's very pathetic when you try to think back. lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe Baron is worth the max. The only thing he needs to work on is his FT shooting, maybe get it up to 75-80 %, and he and the Hornets could be a lot better team.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Baron Davis is arguably the player with the most potential in the NBA right now and it would be un-wise to not sign him to the max if that's what he wants. He will find another team willing to pay that much so it'll be your lost, guys!

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sure you keep what you got.
But doesnt hr want to play somewhere else?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have never heard him say he wanted to play somewhere else. It is all rumors. If you beleived all the rumors out there, each team would have traded all of its players away twice by now.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I do not think that there should be any doubt that he's worth the max. He's one of the premier young talents in the league, and I see him being an elite PG once he improves his FT% and consistency. He has the instincts, scoring ability, intensity, handles and creativeness you don't see in many point guards... plus superior strength, athleticsm and quickness to many other points in the league. I mean... if someone like Tim Thomas can be paid nearly the max, due just to potential (although I do think that he is severely overpaid), then why wouldn't Baron get the MAX from the Hornet's front office?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
One word: YES!

·
Registered
924 Posts
No East team will win the Championship as long as thier is a team with Kobe and Shaq.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts