Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Chicago be looking in a whole new direction with Caron Butler? Both him and Jay Williams are ready to come in and contribute right away. Chicago is definitely in a postition to add some maturity this year. Here is a direct quote from Butler himself:

"I think I can make an immediate impact," Butler said. "That's what teams are looking for, not a kid that they bring in and have to work with so much. I think I'm mature enough to handle a lot of obstacles that might come my way."

With that said, Chicago may be tempted to pick Butler over Jay, or either trade down. Remember, Chicago didn't have to have a superstart PG to run the triangle when MJ was there. Ron Harper, Steve Kerr, and John Paxson to name the few. On Caron's quote: I personally think he IS ready. He was in prison for 2 years, sought on his mistakes, and learned from them and took those feelings to the basketball court. Me myself like Butler in Chicago better.

With that said... I like Chicago trading with the Warriors: Chicago sends number 2 and there second rounders for number 3, Gilbert Arenas, and Danny Fortson. Credit Sicky Dimpkins for the trade.
:) With that being said, Chicago nabs up Butler at 3, and there lineup looks like this:

C-Eddy Curry
PF-Tyson Chandler
SF-Caron Butler
SG-Jalen Rose
PG-Jamal Crawford

I think everyone can come to an agreement with me that Jamal's passing skills are pretty damn good. This gives Chicago a mature player, who IMO will be better than Jay Williams.

Thoughts Bull Fans?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Butler

That'd be a hell of a deal for the Bulls, but if they did it I would rather see them use the 3rd pick on Dunleavy. I'm not entirely sold on Butler-he's small for an NBA 3 and he can't really shoot. That's something he will improve upon, I'm sure, but he'll never be the shooter that Dunleavy is, not to mention the fact that Dunleavy's like 6'9-6'10. He's closer to Larry Bird than he is to, say, Wally Szczerbiak. Not that he'll be as good as Bird, but IMO he'll be better than Butler, who I doubt the next Paul Pierce. Even as a young guy, Pierce had alot more range than Butler. I'll be happy as long as the Bulls take Williams, trade down for Dunleavy, or possibly trade down farther for Woods.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If Chicago doesn't get Jay Williams somehow, and Butler is still there, I say take him. Dunleavy is a bigger risk than Butler is IMO. He has decent speed, and yeah better shooting than Butler, but in all reality who will be the better player down the line? BUTLER. Of course, none of this really matters if Chicago still has number 2. Jay Williams will probably still be the pick, I just read trueblue's post and came up with this crazy idea that Chicago would be the least bit interested in Butler!:)

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Did you guys see Butler's pre draft camp results? In the athletic drills he finished 68th! He could only do one rep of 185 and did awful on the 3/4 sprints and the lane drills. Maybe he shouldn't be considered above Dunleavy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts