Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Hopefully. It depends on how cheaply he can be re-signed.

Ed O.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
I'd give him between 5 and 6 mill a year for a few years...I honestly think he could be "one" of the answers that we need on this team. Just look at what happens when he plays..we do good.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!
Hopefully. It depends on how cheaply he can be re-signed.

Ed O.
What if he turns out to be a catalyst this team so desperately needs? What's that worth?

·
Registered
392 Posts
He's a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
I like Miles. I think he has a lot of potential. But I don't want to decide if he's a keeper until he's played with the team for a while. Ask me this question towards the end of the season.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!

What if he turns out to be a catalyst this team so desperately needs? What's that worth?
Well, hopefully he's DOES do that. And then he can be paid accordingly.

But he didn't catalyze diddly squat in his last two NBA stops, so I'm not holding my breath that he'll bring out the best in Damon Stoudamire every game.

;)

Ed O.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Either he'll live up to his potential..... or he'll be another man in Sheed and Damon's tokin' rotation.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
well I think its too soon to tell....

our team record is 1-1 since the trade :rofl:

But he has had a couple of nice games and seems to energize the team when he is out on the court

I think the team is much better at running when he is on the court. He and Ruben really push the pace.

Me.... I like fast paced basketball.. run and gun

If we expect Sheed to be signed for around $8 mil...
Darius is unproven.... maybe $3-4 mil...
Wes maybe the same for next year. Those 3 for $14 mil would be fine by me

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Certainly, saying all the right things. :D

After last night's game....

"I wanted to try and bring as much energy as I could early on," Miles said. "That's what I see as my role on this team, to get us going, then let the veterans finish it. I thought Coach did the right thing tonight in keeping the veterans in the game late."

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
"I wanted to try and bring as much energy as I could early on," Miles said. "That's what I see as my role on this team, to get us going, then let the veterans finish it. I thought Coach did the right thing tonight in keeping the veterans in the game late."
fire cheeks! He didn't play Miles late in the game! Fire him!

·
Registered
782 Posts
you could see his strengths and his weaknesses last night. His strength is is athleticism and energy and his confidence. His weakness is his decisionmaking, took a shot that was out of his range and while a little off-balance, then dribbled into traffic and lost the ball.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Right now, I'd say yes. He's a keeper. He seems to fit on this team. More so than McInnis did, IMO. There's something about this kid.....

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I'd say keep him, if the price is right.

What I mean is depending on how he performs keep him for that earned value. Now since he is a RFA we have the luxury of being able to match what he is offered, and I doubt that he will get any offers over MLE level, which I would say if he continues to be a 10pt 5 reb in 20 minute player then I would retain him at the MLE.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>The Professional Fan</b>!
Right now, I'd say yes. He's a keeper. He seems to fit on this team. More so than McInnis did, IMO. There's something about this kid.....
He seemed to have a "buddy" on each of his previous teams (Richardson on the Clippers and James on the Cavs.)

I wonder who his buddy will be on the Blazers?

Woods? Hmmmm....Q is already Zach's good buddy. Perhaps.

Outlaw? Travis' brother is already here and hangs extensively with the "minor".

Zach? Maybe, although, as mentioned above, Zach is already good buddies with Q.

Maybe Zach, Q, and Darius will form a threesome. :laugh:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!

Maybe Zach, Q, and Darius will form a threesome. :laugh:
Now we can just get them som funny hats with big feathers and call them the Three muskateers....Hmmm Three Amigos may be more fitting though.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!

Now we can just get them som funny hats with big feathers and call them the Three muskateers....Hmmm Three Amigos may be more fitting though.
Three Caballeros..

Altho..that would have to be Person, Miles and Anderson.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts