Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts

I don't think he would be a lock but I can say I am damned glad we got him. He was very good in the 2nd half of the game tonight. And 14 blocks the last 3 games and NOT playing major minutes is just plain nice.

He'll lead the league in shotblocking at some point ...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
CrackerJack said:
especially with the Most Improved Player award for instance who knew bobby simmons was going to have a break-out season?
Exactly. This award has everything to do with players coming out of nowhere with big seasons, which makes it impossible to predict several months before a season begins.

Darko will likely be a candidate, though, if he continues to make the strides he has made since receiving playing time with Orlando.

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
Unimpressive.

He's racking up the blocks on a bad team.

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
CrackerJack said:
a block is a block you need positioning not good players around you
Anyone can block shots with bad blockers around them. He gets all the blocking oppurtunities. Put him on a good team, with good blockers, and see how many blocks he gets!

Reactions: GNG

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
7M3 said:
Anyone can block shots with bad blockers around them. He gets all the blocking oppurtunities. Put him on a good team, with good blockers, and see how many blocks he gets!
Dwight and Battie are good blockers. Dwight had 6 of them tonight. You've obviously not seen Darko yet, because you can see he's extremely long and extremely quick off his feet. That's why he blocks so well.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
7M3 said:
How many teams have a lot of good shot blockers? Miami has two (Shaq, Zo) Top 20 shot blockers as do the Pistons (Ben, Sheed). The Magic already have Dwight who is 20th in the NBA in blocks and Darko would give them two as well if he played an entire season with them.

It takes skill to block shots. Otherwise why aren't we seeing more guys do what Darko is doing on bad teams? I mean, dang, they're the only good blocker on their team so shouldn't they be just as good as Darko?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wow. Just Wow. I don't know if you've heard, but there's this other guy on the Magic. He's nothing special, but he got 6 blocks tonight. He doesn't play well very often, but he has a little potential. His name is Dwight Howard. Ring any bells?

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
Hairy Midget said:
Dwight and Battie are good blockers. Dwight had 6 of them tonight. You've obviously not seen Darko yet, because you can see he's extremely long and extremely quick off his feet. That's why he blocks so well.
How can they be good blockers if they play on a bad team? Good blockers make blocks that contribute to the win.

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts
7M3 said:

I'm assuming this is sarcasm that is going over everyone's heads ... I hope.

Anyway, I doubt Darko will be the MIP next year. Darko is going to be a very valuable player for Orlando but I doubt he is ever going to put up gaudy numbers. He is going to be a defensive stud but that won't win you MIP. And a bulk of the scoring will be done by Jameer, Dwight, Hedo, Grant Hill (if still healthy and around) and maybe whoever Orlando drafts .. maybe Adam Morrison.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
LOL.

As long as there are sensitive sports fans, there will be people like 7M3 who hook them in.

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
jworth said:
How many teams have a lot of good shot blockers? Miami has two (Shaq, Zo) Top 20 shot blockers as do the Pistons (Ben, Sheed). The Magic already have Dwight who is 20th in the NBA in blocks and Darko would give them two as well if he played an entire season with them.
If you block a shot on a winning team, you're a good blocker. I laugh when I see bad blockers taking advantage of undeserved blocking oppurtunities.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
7M3 said:
That's just an ignorant statement.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.