Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is not too many people discussing on David West.

David West averages 17.2 points, 7.5 rebound, and 0.8 blk.

do you think David West is better than Krstic? although we know Krstic is still improving,

but now David West's stats is better than Krstic's.

by the way, Linton Johnson played well tonight, 13points and 7rebounds, FG:5/8 and 3FG:3/4.

we shouldn't have thrown him away.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,055 Posts
jarkid said:
there is not too many people discussing on David West.

David West averages 17.2 points, 7.5 rebound, and 0.8 blk.

do you think David West is better than Krstic? although we know Krstic is still improving,

but now David West's stats is better than Krstic's.

by the way, Linton Johnson played well tonight, 13points and 7rebounds, FG:5/8 and 3FG:3/4.

we shouldn't have thrown him away.
David West has definitely improved a lot and him and Paul are a big reason why the Hornets have improved. Nenad has improved greatly also but I think it's tough to compare the two because West is more of a Power Forward while Nenad plays center mostly. I'd rather have Krstic b/c productive centers are harder to find than productive power forward (no Nets jokes!).

...and damn you Linton for still playing well.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,982 Posts
David West is a nice young player but Nenad is coming into his own and does alot of things offensively West does. Not to mention Nenad has a few inches on him and is turning into a legit center. West is a really nice player but is still on the shorter side of the average 4's height and isn't really that superior to Nenad defensively so i'd say height beats the bigger stats becuase both's production can be attributed to the great pg's they have on their teams.
 

· Burned
Joined
·
18,770 Posts
West is a PF who improved his SF skills so he could play in the NBA.

Krstic is a natural center.

Comparing them is like comparing Krstic to RJ, which is not particularly relevant.

(Krstic is by far the more valuable of the two, BTW.)
 

· Yes, please.
Joined
·
16,621 Posts
Carter15Nets said:
Krstic is coming to his own? FOOL DAVID WEST IS COMING TO HIS OWN

West is better, I like Krstic but between West and Krstic give me West.

Hes more physicall than krstic.
Danny Fortson > Nenad Krstic
 

· Burned
Joined
·
18,770 Posts
Carter15Nets said:
Krstic is coming to his own? FOOL DAVID WEST IS COMING TO HIS OWN

West is better, I like Krstic but between West and Krstic give me West.

Hes more physicall than krstic.
That analysis makes me feel even better about my choice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MrCharisma

· Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Krstic without doubt.Krstic is seven feet tall wih great skills.Krstic just recently become third option in offense.He already getting double teamed from opposing teams.West wil never be dominant as Krstic.When I watched him against Nets this season he was helpless against Krstic.West is the good young player but I would never take him over the Krstic.Krstic is the most active center in the league in my opinion.Just pay attention when Nets play.He is always setting picks,helping in defence great team player.Like Lawrence Frank said this is just scratches of Krstic potential.When he get more stronger he will be a beast.He is only 22 years old.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,515 Posts
They're both important in each of their team's success...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,449 Posts
David West is 1 of the surprise players & 1 of the frontrunners for most improved. I like him. He's also very clutch as he's shown hitting a couple buzzer-beating gamewinners this season. David West was forced to play a large role b/c PJ Brown was aging, Magloire was traded & on account of this team being so young. If Nenad played for the Hornets, he would be posting similar #s but he's on a better team in the Nets.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
69,620 Posts
ghoti said:
West is a PF who improved his SF skills so he could play in the NBA.

Krstic is a natural center.

Comparing them is like comparing Krstic to RJ, which is not particularly relevant.

(Krstic is by far the more valuable of the two, BTW.)
I think their value is right about the same, considering Kristic plays with 3 bonafied stars it makes his value even higher. But West on this team would be pretty good.
 

· Burned
Joined
·
18,770 Posts
Hbwoy said:
I think their value is right about the same, considering Kristic plays with 3 bonafied stars it makes his value even higher. But West on this team would be pretty good.
You underestimate the value of a 7-footer.

Not one GM on this planet would trade Krstic for West.
 

· Legal Smeagol
Joined
·
30,698 Posts
As much as I like David West, my answer's no. Even the numbers aren't so disparate.
Krstic averages 13.3 ppg, 6.8 rpg and .8 bpg in 30.6 minutes per game.
West averages 17.2, 7.5 and .8 respectively in 34.7 minutes a game.
West averages 14.2 shots per game, Krstic 11. Give Krstic 3 more shots a game at his fg% and you'll end up with an additional 3 ppg.
The difference in rebounding is .7 rpg. Multiplying Krstic's minutes by 1.13398692... to make his mpg equal to West's, and then multiplying Nenad's rebounds by the same number results in 7.7111... repeating.
So the numbers aren't that different.
Then you factor in size and the picture changes dramatically, as others have noted.

That said, if the Nets get a chance to sign West - DO IT! :D
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top