Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
If that indeed is true, my god for Houston. Great sub for Yao.

·
Registered
531 Posts
To give a little bit of information regarding the trade. The trade was reported by Fox 26 as agreed upon by Houston and Chicago 2 days ago. The trade is basically done. The trade is:

Houston:

Eric Piatkowski
Adrian Griffin
Mike Wilks

for

Chicago:

Dikembe Mutombo

I'll see if there is an official article out there about it and post it here.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I saw the notice on NBA TV. Hopefully, Deke has some gas left in the OLD tank, so that he can help Yao & TMac.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
im srry to break it to u but i like who the bulls are getting and i think that the rockets are getting ripped because motombo will retire soon and hes very very old. remember when hakim left the rockets for the raptors and everyone said he was goin to be good there....what happened...he retired so guys im srry to break it to u hes not goin to be very well noticed down there

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SoCalfan21</b>!
im srry to break it to u but i like who the bulls are getting and i think that the rockets are getting ripped because motombo will retire soon and hes very very old. remember when hakim left the rockets for the raptors and everyone said he was goin to be good there....what happened...he retired so guys im srry to break it to u hes not goin to be very well noticed down there
What? This is in no way a rip off for the Rockets.:no: Piatkowski and Griffin weren't going to play and they weren't going to re-sign Mike Wilkes. They desperately needed a backup C and Mutombo can give them a good 10-15mpg.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!

What? This is in no way a rip off for the Rockets.:no: Piatkowski and Griffin weren't going to play and they weren't going to re-sign Mike Wilkes. They desperately needed a backup C and Mutombo can give them a good 10-15mpg.
Agreed, I don't think anyone gets ripped off, it should help both teams. Mutombo didn't want to be in Chicago, and those guys weren't going to play in Houston, so it works out nice. And its not like its this monster trade, I think its a good trade for both teams.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Originally posted by <b>CP26</b>!
Imagine if Yao and Mutumbo were both in at the same time:eek:
Yao and Cato were far more dangerous defensively.

Originally posted by <b>Pan Mengtu</b>!
Hasn't Mutombo been threatening retirement because he's tired of being traded?
He wanted to go to a contender... and that is what he expects Houston to be with McGrady, Yao and company.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!
Mutombo can give them a good 10-15mpg.
and that's enough :D
Yao has shown his energy during the olympic game
he'll be the best C in the world sooner or later :yes:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jdiggidy</b>!
Doesn't Deke's contract end after the upcoming season? That would give us 9mil or so. True or false?
Is is true that he will give us some extra money next year when he retires. Not entirely sure how much though but about 9 mil I would guess. And guess where that money is going.......resigning Yao prolly.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts