Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious as to what you guys think.

I think we could have some competition from a few teams looking for help in the interior, possibly Minnesota, Phoenix, and Houston, among others, but in all likelihood he's probably going to retire a Maverick.

Another subquestion: What kind of offer do you give him? If I were Cuban and Nelson, I'd offer two years at 1M or so annually.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Minimum salary for him is 1 million a year....I think he is worth more than the vet's minimum...hopefully we can sign him for the minimum though!

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
You know I was kind of curious about what you guys thought of Henderson....My buddies brother knew Henderson pretty well at IU and said he was a really cool dude....very down to earth..I met him a handful of times and he even remembered my name once...I have always been a fan of his....He has had the kind of career I thought he would have coming out of college...Glad to see you guys want to keep him around....

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Midnight_Marauder said:
You know I was kind of curious about what you guys thought of Henderson....My buddies brother knew Henderson pretty well at IU and said he was a really cool dude....very down to earth..I met him a handful of times and he even remembered my name once...I have always been a fan of his....He has had the kind of career I thought he would have coming out of college...Glad to see you guys want to keep him around....
Yeah, he's been nothing but good for us this season, primarily off the bench. But he's filled in at the 5 at times, and he's played well. His interior D is what we need.

I don't know much about his personal life, but he seems like a good guy. He also recently got married.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is more like a Henderson appreciation post than a prediction on his future.

Everytime I watch him play, I'm always like "Man, I'm so happy he's here." Milwaukee missed out on this guy, but absolutely think he's a good fit with the Mavs.

To me, he's like a rookie (a good quality rookie) trapped in a veterans body...still has much passion, always excited to come into the game, and is always willing to learn and adapt to new styles. Stand-up guy...definitely belongs with Mavs...no drama...just plays

1 - 5 of 5 Posts