Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That Jamal Crawford and possibly Eddy Curry could be gone by the deadline. Both have played extensive minutes in the past couple of games and have had pretty much the green light to shoot. Skiles seems to be sticking with them for further stretches of the game instead of throwing them on the bench. The question I have is...

Does this indicate that Paxson and Skiles are becoming more pleased with Crawford and Curry's play or are they showcasing them for other teams?

I have no idea which it actually is, although I really hope we hang onto Curry. Crawford I can deal with losing, but if we trade Curry for anything less than T-Mac or Paul Pierce, I'll be upset. The risk outweighs the reward. If we trade him and he sucks and the player we get back becomes an all-star then we win, but if we trade him and he blows up to be a 20-10 guy then we lose, and if we keep him and he blows up we win. So basically Pax would have to have a sort of premonition to figure out how Curry is gonna be and how good the guy we will be getting back is.

I'd really be suprised if this team isn't blown up and built around Hinrich and Chandler. Those seem to be the 2 guys that Paxson would love to keep who exemplify that kind of heart and winning mentality. Paxson played several seasons with the greatest and fierecest competitor ever, so I don't doubt for one minute his ability to discern who has the heart to play, but he must remember that Curry is still very immature for his age and that a couple of more years he'll put down the X-Box and dominate in real life. Crawford on the other hand, has just been given the short straw from day one. It just looked like a parternship that would never work out. From his ACL tear to the drafting of Jay Williams to his benchings from time to time, Crawford is on his way out and if I'm Paxson I simply say that I'll match any offer for Crawford so let's hammer out a deal so we both can be happy and sooner too.

The Bulls' play has been frustrating to say the least, but Chicago sports fan are amongst if not the most dedicated in all of professional sports so Paxson doesn't have to worry about losing his fan base (entirely). However, us hardcore fans seem to be gravitating towards being highly upset if no moves are made by the deadline. So patience true believers.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I will be VERY surprised if Curry is traded at the Feb deadline. I do agree that he will be moved but not this early. The summer he gets moved IMO if we land Okafor. Now as for Crawford I think he is gone at the deadline. Paxson will get some kind of compensation for him. He has no intentions of signing him to a contract so he trades him so he does not lose him for nothing.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I dont see Jamal,Eddy,Kirk or Tyson going anywhere its just doesnt make any sense right now unless youre bring back some type of all star quality player.

I think he will match anything this summer up to 7.5 mil for Crawford . Hes responding to Skiles well but hes not a #1 option but I dont think even Pax ever really though he was .

I think you deal the pick and get yourself a sf through that route .The expansion draft is before the real draft and someone will leave a very good sf unprotected .I could see us swapping picks with the bobcats or trading our pick outright with them to get our player.

As Pax said on Wgn a week or so ago hes not ready to give up on any of them yet and a lot of whats going on are evaluations to see how they handle certain situations and how they respond.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I hope we keep all the C's until atleast the offseason. However, Pax NEEDS to sit down with Crawford if he hasnt already and find out whats best for Jamal. Pax needs to find out what JC's intentions are and what he plans to do in the offseason. Pax also needs to be serious with him, if he just asks him straight up then Jamal could give the typical "I'll do whats best for the team" answer then jet in the offseason still.

Pax needs to sit him down, and find out whats best for JAMAL whether that be with the Bulls or elsewhere. This will allow us to deal with him accordingly and get something valuable in return if another team IS in Jamals plans.

I do want Jamal to play here, but not if he doesnt want to. I'd rather get something in return then watch him go in the offseason for nothing.

We need to keep Eddy until the offseason to let him build up his value again at the end of the season and summer leagues. Then deal him if the right deal comes along.

Chandler and Hinrich stay without a doubt.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I'm not sure it's an indication.

One reason - A.D has bumped his knee and in some pain + more EC minutes

JC has been shooting a lot since Rose is gone - so nothing is new there.

Still,i believe JC is gone before trade deadline and i hope someone will take the 'ERob package' along with him.

Eddy - I really hope we don't trade,unless it's an offer we cannot refuse to.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I disagree that Paxman and Skiles are showcasing JC and Curry. People around the league know enough about these two already. There is no need to showcase. I think Skiles has come to the realization that in order for the team to win both JC and Curry must be productive and improve their games. It's hard for anyone to do that with no playing time. I expect Curry and JC to receive more and more minutes as the season progresses. Moreso, Chandler is back and seemed pretty good last night (Portland game). Curry and Chandler seem pretty good and back to form of their old for a short stretch. I think soon or later they will start together and average at least 30 mins each per night. You can say that i am being optimistic but i am not. Also, Pippen looked pretty good last night against his old team.

There is probably a minor trade coming to the Bulls. There might be two but not a big one. Our core players should still be here after the deadline. Fizer, ERob, AD, and to an extent JYD might be gone soon. Paxson will try to grab an overpaid but productive player(s) in return -- guys like VanHorn.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!

There is probably a minor trade coming to the Bulls. There might be two but not a big one. Our core players should still be here after the deadline. Fizer, ERob, AD, and to an extent JYD might be gone soon. Paxson will try to grab an overpaid but productive player(s) in return -- guys like VanHorn.
Just not KVH,I beg u Pax!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
IMO paxson said curry was tradable to motavate him. Curry and chandler are untouchable. Last night is an example of what curry could be with maturaty and condition. As for chandler, he was averaging 12 pts and 14 rebounds and playing awsome D his first three games up until he hurt his back.

Both we be here for years to come. As for JC, he is really having an awful year. He struggled at pg and after rose left there is just too much offensive pressure on him. He really does not have the game to be the primary scorer. He is imo better suited as the second scorer, but curry has struggled aswell and all we have is JC to manufracture points. He also is not really a sg but more a combo guard. I hope we keep him but i think paxson does not want to pay him 7 mil a year and will trade him for another sg.

david

·
Registered
164 Posts
Tend to doubt that there will be any major Bulls trades, specifically unlikely regarding Curry, Crawford, Chandler, or Hinrich. Following reasons:

JR (Jerry Reinsdorf). The managing partner. It's just not his style to do this unless Pax really says we got to do this, and then JR is going to say what's the in's and out's of doing so. And for the Bulls, there's just not sufficient evidence out there to justify making those types of roster changes. Bulls ownership does not tend to panic.

Secondly, there's two questions that need to be asked of Jamal Crawford which he has to face before there would be any trades seriously considered:

1 - Do you like playing with your current teammates and this organization?

2. Do you think that your current teammates will continue to develop to a point where we can contend for an NBA championship?

The real question is #2. If the answer to #2 is an emphatic "Yes", well then, Crawford has to make a decision:

Does he want to be more like MJ & Pip in his career, or does he want to be more like Ewing and any number of others, who never won a Championship?

Just don't see most of these trade scenario's happening.

·
Banned
780 Posts
I think JC and pax has patched everything up and we will give him a ton of $ in the offseason..i doubt anything will change from now till this time next season besides the draft pick...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts