Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Ty may want to be more than just a garbage man in this league.

There is a good article in the SI's NBA preview issue about new assistant coach Thornton working with Tyson and Eddie. He is trying to teach them 3 go-to moves. "a spin to the middle, a turnaround jumper, and a jump hook or baby hook." Plus a counter if the opponents are over playing that move.

Seem like Tyke might be a good student. His spin to the middle was working last night. I think he will learn to control his emotion. This kid will be scary good in a couple years.

----------------------------------------
I am also glad that we have some *real* vets behind the twin towers. Bad play=few minutes.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Totally agree J797.

Looks like TC has been working on his game a bit. His defense on 'Toine impressed me last night as well. But TC has to realize that lots of forwards are going to try and get into his head now, and get him T'd out of games.

But yeah, 3 posts moves sounds good to me. Elton has one and he gets 18-20 a night.

VD

·
Registered
936 Posts
I love the fact that he's now squaring his shoulders to the basket. Last year his only move was to drive right and flip a shot over his shoulder in the general direction of the rim.

Last night he shot over Walker at will. As he develops confidence in his mid-range game while retaining his agressive desire to go to the hole whenever he can he'll become a major offensive threat.

From what I've seen in the preseason and last night Tyson's made the most progress of any of his teamates from last year to this.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It Is One Game

Both of our high schoolers will have games where they dominant and where nonexistent. They will struggle with that. Relax and enjoy the ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts