Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was and forever will be a Lakers fan. Last year, the loss to the pistons, just devastating. But when they traded Shaq i vowed to not begin to hate Shaq and the heat. And to remember all that he did for the Lakers, but as the season goes on, my hatred is growing not only for Shaq, but for his little lap dog Wade. I do not mean any disrespect to the Heat, and this is not meant to be a Hating post. I am just wondering if any Lakers fans are going through the same thing i am.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Yeah same here, last year the Heat were my second favourite team, a distant second. But when Shaq was traded I thought that I could cheer for them easily but when Shaq started talking so much **** it just began to piss me off.

After watching the Raptors game today, I have even more hatred towards the Heat.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
The Heat used to be my least favorite team WAAAY before Shaq went there. I used to hate Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Vahson Lenard, Jamal Mashburn... that whole crew, mainly because I thought they were the most boring team in the league to watch and because the players were always fighting with other teams. That and honestly, Zo's always seemed like a jerk to me. After they left, I was neutral with them. I didn't necessarily like them, but I didn't hate them either. I liked Odom but that was as far as it went.

Now I've soured on Shaq just because of all the stuff he's said about the Lakers organization. Some of it's warranted, but most of it's just stupid, juvenile, childish stuff. I was cool with him until he started all that up, even after he demanded the trade.

The rest of the team I couldn't care less about one way or the other except for Zo, who was eternally my most hated player. Wade's fun to watch play though, he's super-confident, always aggressive and an all-out competitor, which are the same reasons I like Kobe.

Bottom line: do I like the Heat? No. Mainly because of Mourning and Shaq.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Love Shaq, Eddie Jones always has annoyed me though. And I don't really like Wade, I have a feeling that if Shaq came out and told the press that Wade is his ***** Wade would thank him for the compliment. He also reminds me of Kobe the introvert.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Kobe and Penny were also their lapdog.

Anyways your hatred toward Wade is enormous i dont really see a reason why you hate him so much its probably the same reason i hate Kobe. I though you said you werent a Wade hater?

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
I love Wade's game, always have and probably always will. Great player. I love Eddie Jones too, even though I wanted him traded so Kobe could start in LA back in 99. I haven't liked Shaq's class or his mouth for years. Can't believe there are Laker fans that still like what he did off the court. Easily the most disrespectful Laker of all time. But I'll always remember what he did on the court.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I am starting to hate Miami because all of their fans are idiots except maybe Joker. There are some people who you can respectfully disagree with, and then there are homers. Miami has a lot of homer fans, at least on these boards.

Last season Wade was my fav rookie and I made a thread about him being better then Melo halfway through the season, before it was the cool thing to do like this year. He still is my fav player from that class because he takes it to the hoop, something feel players are willing to do.

I haven't liked Shaq since the company time speech, and where he delayed his surgery to the detriment of the Lakers.

I like pat riley, but that's about it.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Same here. I'm starting to get very annoyed.

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Jamel Irief said:
And I don't really like Wade, I have a feeling that if Shaq came out and told the press that Wade is his ***** Wade would thank him for the compliment.
I know exactly what you mean.

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
Before the Shaq trade, i didnt know that the Miami Heat existed in the NBA ;)

go figure

·
Premium Member
10,320 Posts
I agree with Kenneth. A lot of the Miami fans around here are quite annoying. Everytime something negative happens with the Lakers, they are always right there to rub it in. I wish they would actually win a ring before talking smack. If they win it all this season, I guess I will just have to bite it hard. Until then, I remain defiant.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
The thing that I find disturbing is that Shaq can still talk about Lakers and bash former teammates. Kobe takes the diplomatic route. Yet who is constantly called immature? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

I haven't liked Shaq for years. I used to defend him often (because everyone hated on him). However, once he got the thought that he didn't have to show up in shape for the season anymore, I started to get pissed off. You have players who work their *** off in the offseason to get better. THen you have Shaq who comes in overweight, but still screams about getting more money in preseason games. That too, makes no sense whatsovever.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
ClayVTrainum said:
The thing that I find disturbing is that Shaq can still talk about Lakers and bash former teammates. Kobe takes the diplomatic route. Yet who is constantly called immature? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

I haven't liked Shaq for years. I used to defend him often (because everyone hated on him). However, once he got the thought that he didn't have to show up in shape for the season anymore, I started to get pissed off. You have players who work their *** off in the offseason to get better. THen you have Shaq who comes in overweight, but still screams about getting more money in preseason games. That too, makes no sense whatsovever.
your post is generally true and it does piss me off, but i still love Shaq and ive always liked the teams Miami has fielded. Wade, Jones, Haslem.....i root for the bunch, but i dont want to see them win a championship either. Kinda weird.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I hate Miami

I Hate Detroit

I hate Sacramento

hell i hate ANY team that isnt the purple and gold. Some people might say im a jealous laker fan, no no, im just a die hard fan. Why should i root for Shaq anymore? is he on my team? no. I hope the heat lose so he can keep his mouth shut and i dont to read the Bull*** the media will spit if the Heat win.

F*** the Heat, F*** anybody that aint the Lakers

peace.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
MiamiHeat03 said:
Kobe and Penny were also their lapdog.

Anyways your hatred toward Wade is enormous i dont really see a reason why you hate him so much its probably the same reason i hate Kobe. I though you said you werent a Wade hater?
wade is more of shaqs lapdog that kobe or penny ever was.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
EHL said:
I love Wade's game, always have and probably always will. Great player. I love Eddie Jones too, even though I wanted him traded so Kobe could start in LA back in 99. I haven't liked Shaq's class or his mouth for years. Can't believe there are Laker fans that still like what he did off the court. Easily the most disrespectful Laker of all time. But I'll always remember what he did on the court.
I guess I do agree with your post. I remember being a huge Kobe fan and I really wanted EJ to be traded. I don't know what happened, but I guess my love for Kobe has faded, and I look at him as just another star.

But damn, judging from all the posts here, the Laker fans are to the Heat fans as the Nazis are to the Jews. Even the Nazis had better reasons to hate the Jews. Why do you hate us so much? Why are we homers? I really want to know, and it would be great if you guys could say something constructive.

The way I see it, I think people see Heat fans as homers because those people don't really listen. They see Wade and MJ in one sentence then they say: "Screw whatever this guy says, he's a homer". I think people like Shaq_Diesel and WSE express their points in a relatively good and organized manner, and I don't think their posts get the respect they deserve.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I can't honestly find a reason to dislike Wade.

He is respectful of the game, of past/present players.

He plays the right way, is exciting and a good role model (if you actually look for athletes to provide this.)

He isn't too big for his britches, has only just played and worked hard on improving and the results can be found everywhere in a positive manner.

He will get SERIOUS talk about a first or second all NBA team bid and it won't be him doing the talking.

Everyone has their reasons I guess, but calling someone a lap dog becuase they allow Shaq to speak out of his backside, plays hard defensively AND offensively. And just lets him on court actions do the talking... I guess I don't understand that.

In an age where Shaq is being disliked (as several here have attested too) for his big ole mouth, you have Wade who is disliked because apparently his mouth isn't big enough.

I understand disliking a player that leaves. I hate Jalen Rose for example... Im not about to go blast Mo Peterson because he plays on the same team and doesn't make dumb quotes or predict victories like Rose does.

Miami is what LA was in a sense. Orlando fans hated SHaq and Im sure they hated Kobe too.

Simply becuase he was deemed SHaq's new lapdog.

Either way, team affinity shouldn't preclude fans of the game from enjoying great basketball. And like them or not as people... Shaq, Wade and the Heat are playing WONDERFUL ball right now.

Shaq is an all time great bidding for another title. Wade is a new breed fearless Kamakaze who is entering the leauge.

Regardless of what they are or aren't in people's mind, at least hate them for what they say or do. Not for whom they play with.

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
The Heat would be one of my favorite teams if Shaq was not consistently bashing the team, the management and the superstar. I guess you could also say I’m jealous that the Heat management did what the Lakers management could never do, put excellent role players around the stars. In less than one year the Heat added Damon Jones, Shandon Anderson, Christian Laettner, Zo, Keyon Dooling, and Michael Doleac.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Bottom line....

Shaq, Wade and the Heat rule the NBA and will be the NBA Champs when all is said and done. Playing the games is only a formality.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts