Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love his game. And I think he really fit our needs. big athletic guard who is strong at both ends. With Richardson and Davis as their future backcourt duo, do you think the Warriors is looking to shop Pietrus for particular type of player? do we have what they want?

·
Registered
186 Posts
they would want a big...ala curry/chandler but i doubt we include EITHER one of them since they are vital to us so prob no we wont be able to get him

plus warriors like pietrus as well so they wont want to just give him up, esp with BD gettin injured often

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
If you really want him you should just trade an expiring contract and a pick. Other than Dunleavy, the Warriors core is signed up for a long time, so Pietrus will receive limited opportunities there.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Greg Ostertag! said:
If you really want him you should just trade an expiring contract and a pick. Other than Dunleavy, the Warriors core is signed up for a long time, so Pietrus will receive limited opportunities there.
I think it'd take more then that , and if thats enough I'm all for it.

I can't think of someone in our core they'd want that I'd be willing to give for Pietrus alone.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
we'd probably have to take a bad contract off of them. Either Fisher or Foyle.

Is ERob's contract tradeable? We could use that, I suppose.

·
Registered
255 Posts
is it possible to go over the cap during the season from a trade? if Than we could do it during the year take one of their bad contracts as long as Pietrus and than we will be fine because AD's contract would be over at the end of the year.

I also read somewhere that Pietrus kind of wanted to get out of there because they dont play team ball. I guess we will find out what kind of room we have after Curry's and Chandler's contract.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Probably not. Pietrus will be stealing major minutes from Dunleavy the rest of the season... likely indefinitely. Kid has been on a tear.. and he's signed for cheap for a while.

GSW is looking like it did with Arenas. Fun to watch

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our 'safe' trade resource (safe = not core players) are Antonio Davis, Othella Harrington, and Chris Duhon. I don't know any other resource we can use other than our core players. We also don't have a first round pick due to Deng trade. I don't know anything about E-Rob's contract.

About Duhon, I know he's been contributing nicely for our team's success, but I don't think he's irreplacable. For the last few years, there are a lot of talented PG's coming into the league. PG is definitely not rare nowadays.

I agree that the Warriors will probably have problem when the time comes to resigh Pietrus. They have lock Richardson, Murphy, Foyle, Fisher to a long term contract. They still have Davis, Dunleavy, Cabarkapa, and Biedrins. Especially Biedrins, if he does become the player he was projected, He's going to become the priority.

I think we have chance (just being optimistic :)). C'mon Pax, get to work!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
they said somethin about GS management wanting to trade dunleavy in the offseason and move pietrus to the SF

I could care LESS bout bringin him here though..

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I think the only way GS trades him is to get a really good post player, which is something they really lack at the moment.

Even if they make a long term commitment to Dunleavy, I think they'll keep Pietrus. At a minimum, if he backs up both the SG and SF positions, he'll get 24 mins a game. He'll be their 6th man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts