Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been away for a little while now and seem to have missed something. Is it true, is Crawfords days numbered as hinted at recently? I have not been paying attention to stuff so I must have missed something. What has brought on this latest rumors? Is there anything to them? Is the end near for JC?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
OK, let me summarize.

Over the last several games, Skliles has had Crawford on a shortened leash. Jamal is no longer allowed to shoot himself into getting hot. If his shot's falling, he gets the burn. If he's cold, he sits in the late stages.

Hinrich is clearly Skiles' choice at PG. In fact, Skiles has declared that Hinrich is the team's best player.

With Hinrich declared as the PG of the future and Crawford struggling at the SG position, speculation as to Crawford's future employment venue are not surprising.

Other posters can expand/refute as they see fit.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I think Crawford is gone .. or at least he should be if we want compensation for him because we likely won't sign and trade him over the summer because of BYC issues and the need for a 3rd team with space , and secondly , if he keeps putting forward inconsistent effort Pax won't pay him the money that he seeks and will let him go rather than be locked to him for a further 2 years ( if he determines whether he wants him or not ) - I say 2 years because of BYC contract issues

So .. Pax has to decide now if he wants him or not and if he doesn't the most logical thing would be to deal him by the deadline and get what we can for him

If Jamal isn't dealt by the deadline I would say it is likely he will be a Bull for a fairly long time as Pax will likely match ( within reason )

Personally .. I think he will be dealt

Pax has shown he is not messing around and is prepared to make changes and this team needs a serious of shock tretaments to get a pulse rate

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
depends what they figure they are going to have to pony up after this year, at 2 and a 1/2 mil for this year he is a pretty good bargain. i would be more critical of some of the guys that cant seem to get on or stay on the court like curry or chandler.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome back Bullhawk.

Ditto what FJ said.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
As I've said elsewhere, I can accept trading Jamal IF we get unquestionable quality in return. This is because Jamal is a quality player.

If we can't get quality for him this season due to his rookie contract, we should keep him for this season, match any RFA offer and either make the Kirk/Jamal backcourt work or wait until next year to look for a trade that will bring quality for quality.

It'd be nice to pull off the longshot playoff hopes this year, but really, it is probably not happening and I don't want Jamal gone in a fire sale that isn't going to result in turning this season around.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
As I've said elsewhere, I can accept trading Jamal IF we get unquestionable quality in return. This is because Jamal is a quality player.

If we can't get quality for him this season due to his rookie contract, we should keep him for this season, match any RFA offer and either make the Kirk/Jamal backcourt work or wait until next year to look for a trade that will bring quality for quality.

It'd be nice to pull off the longshot playoff hopes this year, but really, it is probably not happening and I don't want Jamal gone in a fire sale that isn't going to result in turning this season around.
Good luck in trying to trade him if we match "any" RFA offer

He literally becomes untradeable because of his BYC status and the need for a 3rd team

No one is sacrificing their hard positioned for cap space over the next two years in a crap dump to accommodate the trade of a 2nd rate talent ... without a major price having to be paid ( IE high lottery picks or cheap and undermarket rookie contracts for stud performers - and everyone knows how available they both are

Not

·
Registered
431 Posts
4 widely held views on this board that I shake my head over:

1. Dallas would be interested in AD

2. "D" day for JC is later than the trade deadline

3. A reluctance to be open to trades involving players born in the 60's(AD,SP,CB,KG)

4. Ditto for "J"

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
And the whole issue of trading for unquesionable talent when there are questions as to your own talent leads to many questions as to where such a questionable trade scenario were possible

Any questions ?

:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts