Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy has the best NBA body of any big man I've seen in a while and he seems like he wants to go pro so what are his strengths and weaknesses? This picture of him shows he is one huge 17 yr old.

·
Registered
791 Posts
To answer your question in one simple word: NO!

"Another big post player that has considered jumping is Mississippi native Jackie Butler. At 6-10, 260, he has the definite size that the NBA likes to see. His game however is nowhere near the professional level.

“Jackie Butler is not an NBA player. He might not ever be an NBA player. He doesn’t play hard enough of the time. He lacks that killer instinct and he’ll tell ya that,” Kruse said. “Jackie Butler doesn’t finish with dunks. It’s not like he can’t, he just doesn’t because shooting a lay-up is easier. That is the thread that runs through ever thing he does.”

The idea of the NBA may be intriguing but the reality isn’t clear as day according to Frank Burlison.

“He’s a good player but maybe not even a top 30 player (in his class). There weren’t any NBA guys that I’ve talked to that said he would even be drafted at this point.”

from my story: http://nbadraft.net/justaminute17.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts