Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he used to be a better dribler and could blow by the defenders with speed, now he cant do anything but hit a 3 once in a while. he cant even pass that good. what happened to him?

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Well, he'll be 30 years old next week. Obviously, his body isn't the same as it was seven or eight years ago, but really, once he was calmed down from his Sacramento days and forced to play a team-oriented NBA style (instead of a shot-chucking dribbling exhibition), everyone figured out he just simply isn't very good.

Really, he's never been more than an average NBA starter, and in this year and coming years, he'll be well-accepted as a Bottom 10 starting NBA point guard.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
I really think he is. Its sad because he was one of my favorite players...

Hubie Brown sucked the life out of him...

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
BOTTOM 10?!?! nah, nah, and he's FAAAARR from being an average NBA starter, look what he did for the Grizz, i don't care what neone says, he carried that team for a short period of time, n was a major part of the offense during others.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
people forget how he is...hell I did

This off season when his name was out there as trade-bait I almost fell out my seat when I saw that he was 29. He seemed to be much younger when Sacramento drafted....20 or something

but he was a 24 year old rookie

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Man even as a Jason Williams fan I have to say this boys defense is just terrible. I know he's well known for not being able to guard anyone but he doesnt even find himself in the correct spots to often. Defense is 90% hustle and he is around 4%...

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Haha I say Im a Jason Williams fan but I keep ripping on him...last one I promise:

Has anyone ever seen Jason Williams actually below the threepoint line?

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
36 Karat said:
BOTTOM 10?!?! nah, nah, and he's FAAAARR from being an average NBA starter, look what he did for the Grizz, i don't care what neone says, he carried that team for a short period of time, n was a major part of the offense during others.
I wasn't aware that freezing out the franchise better, jacking up wild threes with 18 on the clock, complaining non-stop about playing time, and missing 15 games a year to phantom injuries (ingrown toenails?) was "carrying" the team.

Jason Williams did so much for the Grizz that we're a better team without him.

Current starting point guards who are inarguably more desirable (contract, age) or just plain better than JWill (no order):

Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Joe Johnson
Stephon Marbury
Allen Iverson
Kirk Hinrich
Chauncey Billups
Jamaal Tinsley
TJ Ford
Luke Ridnour
Andre Miller
Steve Francis
Gilbert Arenas
Jason Terry
Chris Paul
Damon Stoudamire
Tony Parker
Sebastian Telfair
Baron Davis
Sam Cassell
Mike Bibby

That's 21 players right there who are inarguably better, more productive or more valuable than Jason Williams. And that's not even counting the litany of talented point guards currently coming off the bench who will be passing up Williams as early as this year or guys who are about on the same level.

Deron Williams
Raymond Felton
Devin Harris
Maurice Williams
Brevin Knight
Delonte West
Marko Jaric
Shaun Livingston
Chris Duhon
Mike James
Rafer Alston
Damon Jones
Antonio Daniels
Bobby Jackson

And then the 2006 and 2007 draft classes, who'll be making their debuts when JWill is 31 and 32 years old...

Darius Washington
Rajon Rondo...

Annnnnd I'll stop there.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
what happened to him happens to a lot of guys forced to play a disciplined role-they can't cut it. white chocolate was damned nasty on the kings though.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Having to be calmed, and disiplined has slown him down alot. He's a good PG, but he has to be in a more fast break, almost And1 type system for him to be effective.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts