Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that Richard Jefferson dunks more than Vince Carter in traffic and is able to do a lot of reverse dunks also. I think that while Vince Carter is able to contort his body in mid air better than Jefferson (with that ability to "float"), Jefferson goes up quicker to dunk than Vince, so Jefferson is a better dunker. (right now, in present terms)

· Registered
1,034 Posts
Farmer77 said:
It seems that Richard Jefferson dunks more than Vince Carter in traffic and is able to do a lot of reverse dunks also. I think that while Vince Carter is able to contort his body in mid air better than Jefferson (with that ability to "float"), Jefferson goes up quicker to dunk than Vince, so Jefferson is a better dunker.
RJ dunks with a lot more power. Vince is a better highflyer. If the two were running the break, Vince would throw down a 360 windmill while RJ would throw down the nast strong windmill. RJ dunks more often as well seeing how is specialty has always been slashing and getting to the hole. Vince is still the better dunker, but RJ dunks more often and throws it down with more power

Reactions: Phenom Z28 and

· Registered
14,837 Posts
Carter is more aero-dynamic. RJ jams with more emphasis. VC also has the abaility to retort his body in the air and adjust to the correct position while RJ refers to have a straight-up jam with as much power as possible.

· Registered
866 Posts
RJ utilizes his dunks in an attack first, shoot second mindset. Vince is balanced, working the jumper and driving as his fall back. Vince is able to put down better dunks, he just hasn't done as much of it.

I never remember RJ jumping that high. That's why in the dunk contest I was worried, he barely rimmed in a backboard windmill, and he failed to put his arm in the rim. The RJ vs. VC Nike commercial, Vince when through the legs - RJ just did a windmill. RJ isn't as skilled a dunker but he uses it just as well, if not better than Vince during an in-game situation.

· Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
Byrdman1531 said:
no... Carter is the best dunker in NBA History and the best dunker present day also...

he just has a complete game and doesnt look to dunk as much as RJ
RJ has a complete game, too. And, by the way, looking to attack the rim is a good thing, and Vince would be playing much better if he did it more often (though he's been attacking more recently).

As for who is the better dunker. Vince is a much more creative dunker and Richard is a much more powerful dunker. RJ dunks with his legs while Vince does with his arms.

· Registered
866 Posts
Vince definitely could get up to do some stuff RJ couldn't - that is back a few years ago. But now? Is Vince the same Vince? Why does he pull out spectacular 360 layups and not as many 360 dunks? He can jump over people. Will he pull a Frederick Weis ever again?
RJ's a great dunker. But he's never gonna be that good.

· Banned
57,945 Posts
Carter's dunk are more showy and flashy. RJ just dunks more.

-Petey

Reactions:

· Registered
6,449 Posts
Petey said:

-Petey
That sums it up

Reactions: Phenom Z28

· Registered
2,856 Posts
Petey said:

-Petey

Well said, I think Rj is more like a d-wade dunker. he dunks in trafic and just dunks too much in one game, in the range of Melo-wade. Whereas, VC's dunks are better because they look better.

Reactions: Phenom Z28

· Registered
2,171 Posts
I would still say Vince is the more creative AND more powerful dunker. Vince gets up higher too, which helps in both areas. RJ dunks a lot more, which I love, but Vince can still throw it down harder and better than him.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.