Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wondering for ages why this guy hasn't been playing. He's appeared in 15 of 45 games without going on the IR and is averaging 0.9 PPG.

He looked quite promising last year. Can anyone shed any light on why it isn't working out?

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
O'Neill and co. are working extensively with him in order to grasp his full potential. slowly, but surely, there hopes to be some good progress to be made.

he hasn't been playing much up until a couple of games ago, where everyone were really shocked to see him off the bench during the second quarter and getting 10-15 mpg.

for the sake of the raps, i hope his work with O'Neill and the staff are paying off in the long run.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
This is a very difficult question to answer.

Moiso's numbers seemed respectable in pre-season but then he never played for us in a regular season game until the Miami game Nov29. He did ok in that game and then didn't play for another 2 months.

Now he has had 3 straight games with decent minutes. He hasn't hurt us, but he certainly hasn't impressed at all either.

He gets good positon in the low post but we don't give him the ball. No idea if he could become a decent low post scorer. I think he could go 3-6 every game with his little jump hook. The guy is very long.

Poor bball instincts. His shotblocking is just not what we thought it would be. Slow to make the decision on whether to go for the block when helping on penetration. Could be due to lack of PT.

Poor technique on the O boards. Never gets good position there. D rebounding is good. Numbers are not an accurate reflection of his D rebounding.

Right now I would not call him a complete bust, but he is clearly only a lower tier backup C capable of playing limited minutes. Not a starter in the NBA.

Go to the Raps website and check out the individual game stats for Pre-season and the Miami game. The scoring is decent for his limited looks but the rebounds are very inconsistant. 0, 8, 2, 8, 10, 0, and 8.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Well, Moiso had his breakout game as a Raptor.

Good thing he had gotten those minutes in the last 3 games because he would not have been ready to play this well when Bosh went down otherwise.

After the game JM said that he was starting to get his legs and feels his game is 'coming back'. Let's hope he is right and this is not just a one-game thing. He says all the right things in interviews and knows he has to bring energy off the bench. He was very aggressive last night.

If Moiso does continue to play this well what does it say about the coaching staff? Is he now playing well because of all their work behind the scenes with JM? Or did he just need PT and they were stupid not to give him some for the first 4 months of the season.

He was better in all aspects of the game last night than in the previous 3. He moved quickly and with a purpose. He attacked the boards. He was a good help defender. He finished strong inside and drew fouls.

So do we trade him now that his value is highest, or can we expect this level of play to continue and even improve?

Tough call.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts

he not play for 2 months finally he has 3 games with decent min. and he show good things

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Originally posted by <b>trick</b>!

for the sake of the raps, i hope his work with O'Neill and the staff are paying off in the long run.
i hope too....

KO and his staff were able to make tayshaun prince into a very solid nba player for years to come....maybe they will be able to tap into moiso's potential and help him achieve what he was expected to do in the league...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts