Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to be. I wish I could pick it up. The company firewall gets in the way, though *sigh*

Undoubtedly - when we "finally" hear about the Sheed (or whomever) trade - it will be posted by somebody who just heard it on KFXX. :yes:

G

·
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
It seems to be. I wish I could pick it up. The company firewall gets in the way, though *sigh*

Undoubtedly - when we "finally" hear about the Sheed (or whomever) trade - it will be posted by somebody who just heard it on KFXX. :yes:

Yes. I know some around here don't like that station, but they do break any real news first. And don't forget, they have channel 8 backing them up.

Personally, I listen alot. Do I agree with all their opinions? Of course not. But they do play devil's advocate alot, which sparks conversation, and that is always a good thing.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Re: Re: Is KFXX The "Mecca" For Late-Breaking News?

Originally posted by <b>GoBlaze</b>!
Yes. I know some around here don't like that station, but they do break any real news first. And don't forget, they have channel 8 backing them up.
How does Channel 8 back them up?

G

·
Re: Re: Re: Is KFXX The "Mecca" For Late-Breaking News?

Originally posted by <b>Gym Rat</b>!

How does Channel 8 back them up?

Colin Cowherd, the sports director for, and 11:00 sportscaster for them, does a morning show on KFXX as well. And before anyone asks, he was the sports director and "hairdo" on channel 8 years before he started that radio show, which was origionally on in the afternoon.

Colin is well respected in the community and really knows his stuff. That's all. Not tryin' to step on anyones' toes.

G

·
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!
Ac ouple of new Posters!! Welcome abourd guys!! I am sure you found us looking for info on Sheed and what not.
Thanks Schilly! New at posting here, been lurking for awhile, and I am a multi-year vet from Hoopsworld. Nice to be here, and you have a nice board here!:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Although they are the only place in pdx to get any sports info, they should stick to the news.

Too often the hosts start chatting about trades that don't work uner the cap, which then leads to a discussion about high school football. Arrrrgh.

It was nice when Michael Thompson and Kermit Washington were there to talk intelligently about the team. Ahh the good old days.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Originally posted by <b>GoBlaze</b>!

Thanks Schilly! New at posting here, been lurking for awhile, and I am a multi-year vet from Hoopsworld. Nice to be here, and you have a nice board here!:D

Traitor! :upset:

you too lalooska!

j/k dudes!

:grinning:

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heh, even O-Live cites KFXX! :laugh:

This from the Blog...

Sports Radio 910 The Fan is reporting the Blazers canceled practice today. No reason was given, other than Mo Cheeks saying the team needed a rest. Another theory is that practice wasn't cancelled, but the team needed a break from answering questions about trades!

The Fan is also reporting a new trade may be in the works, one that would bring Corliss Williamson, Hubert Davis and Memet Okur from the Pistons to Portland in exchange for Rasheed Wallace.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lalooska</b>!

By your sig, I can tell you just found your rip city rhapsody tape... no?
Indeedly I did. Autographed by Jerome Kersey and Danny Young!

Next time I go home, I'll try to rip it on mp3 and upload it somewhere.

G

·
Originally posted by <b>Beaverton</b>!

Indeedly I did. Autographed by Jerome Kersey and Danny Young!

Next time I go home, I'll try to rip it on mp3 and upload it somewhere.

Please do! Beaverton! You know who I am. I met you at the last get together.

·
Registered
273 Posts
ABM, try downloading a program called "JAP" its a proxy that should allow you to get by the firewall and listen to kfxx online if that is what you are attempting. The firewall will see that your connected to jap, and thats all :). Heres the link if youd like to try it.
http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/win/download_en.html

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by <b>MercyKersey</b>!

ABM, try downloading a program called "JAP" its a proxy that should allow you to get by the firewall and listen to kfxx online if that is what you are attempting. The firewall will see that your connected to jap, and thats all :). Heres the link if youd like to try it.
http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/win/download_en.html

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Heh, I tried it and now the Websense (blocking) software gives me the message "Proxy Avoidance" message and won't let me go there.

Hrumph!

Thanks a lot anyway, though. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.