Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason for my question is. Lebron and AI are both mentioned in the MVP's name dropping. so why isnt kobe? Lakers are not that far off records wise from those guys.

Discuss

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you're gonna let people will bad teams win it, KG should be getting his 3rd consecutive MVP award this season.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Nope. He's definitely not in my top 5 list, and could easily be left off of a top 10 list.

The Lakers are aiming for a sub 500 record, and Kobe has a terrible FG% and high TO rate. LeBron shouldn't be mentioned any longer in MYP talks, because his team has had a major dropoff. Iverson is pretty much in the same situation as Kobe, but his team his at least still in the playoff hunt.

I get your point though. Having a 7/8 seed in the East is probably equivalent to where the Lakers are in the West. Still, these three guys should not be considered real MVP canidates.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
q said:
If you're gonna let people will bad teams win it, KG should be getting his 3rd consecutive MVP award this season.

Agreed. I mentioned this same thing in the "Iverson for MVP" thread that was recently on here, and it still applies.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
BEEZ said:
The reason for my question is. Lebron and AI are both mentioned in the MVP's name dropping. so why isnt kobe? Lakers are not that far off records wise from those guys.

Discuss
It's quite easy, Beax... Who ever mentions Lebron, AI or Kobe in MVP discussions are either:

A) Blind;
or
B) Homers;
or
C) Jessica Simpson.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Shaq
Duncan
Nash
Dirk
Garnett
Wade
Amare
T-Mac
Iverson
LeBron

There's a list of 10 that could all arguably be better canidates than Kobe. I'm not saying that all of these guys deserve it over him, but I am saying that he's not a clear-cut MVP canidate.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Not in order, 11 people:
Shaq
Duncan
KG
Iverson
LeBron
Dirk
Nash
Amare
R. Allen
McGrady
Wade

I don't necessarily agree with all those, but it's certainly reasonable to put 10 people ahead of Kobe.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
LuckyAC said:
Not in order, 11 people:
Shaq
Duncan
KG
Iverson
LeBron
Dirk
Nash
Amare
R. Allen
McGrady
Wade

I don't necessarily agree with all those, but it's certainly reasonable to put 10 people ahead of Kobe.

I forgot Allen on my list, but yeah, it's not really that unreasonable to get a list of 10 guys.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
LeBron shouldn't be getting MVP consideration anymore. Neither should Iverson. Really, the ONLY candidates for MVP right now should be Steve Nash and Shaq.

Kobe would be getting consideration if the Lakers had won 45+ games. Too bad we are only going to win 33-35...

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
It should be Shaq.

Usually if you win the MVP, you make the HOF.

Steve Nash should not belong in the HOF, unless he is just visiting it.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Kobe isn't mentioned, because he shouldn't be mentioned this year. He missed a lot of games, and his team completely fell off the map.

But yes, you're right, Kobe is just as worthy as Iverson or LeBron, but that is more because of the hype for both of those players being out of control. None of these three deserve MVP, not even close. Of the players on bad teams, Garnett is easily the best.

1. Shaq - He has been healthy the whole year and has his team in 1st place in his conference.

2. Tim Duncan - Same resume as Shaq, in a better conference with better numbers and better defense, but his injury will keep him down.

3. Dirk Nowitzki - Easily the most slept on player this season. He has been playing above average defense, the Mavericks have been the best team in the league since January 1st, and his stats are on par with anyone in the league.

4. Tracy McGrady - A balance of all the things above. Leading a great team having a great year after a slow start.

5. Kevin Garnett - Having an average year by his own standards, but his own standards are pretty damn high. Garnett's off year is still good enough to put him 5th on my MVP voting list.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Boy you should have just posted "If you Hate Kobe, please insert why here". Although he is not the MVP of THIS season, (Nash is) he is definatly ahead of alot of those guys people are putting in the top 10. Kobe is making all his teammates better, atkins,mihm,jones,Odom (statistically),cook are all having better performences then ever. Amare being considerd an MVP is a joke, look at his stats when Nash does not play, the guy can't create on his own, he would score about 18ppg if he was nashless, Kobe will get his MVP thou, just you wait.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
Boy you should have just posted "If you Hate Kobe, please insert why here". Although he is not the MVP of THIS season, (Nash is) he is definatly ahead of alot of those guys people are putting in the top 10. Kobe is making all his teammates better, atkins,mihm,jones,Odom (statistically),cook are all having better performences then ever. Amare being considerd an MVP is a joke, look at his stats when Nash does not play, the guy can't create on his own, he would score about 18ppg if he was nashless, Kobe will get his MVP thou, just you wait.
Your sig... almost... makes... me... cry... Beautiffull! :cry:

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
LakerLunatic said:

The argument could be made that Okafor has made all of his teammates better, so if that's your main argument for Kobe, it's really not that solid.

I guess it works both ways. My point was that Kobe is not a MVP canidate, and it didn't take long for the "Hater" label to be thrown around. It's not hate, it's called reality. Kobe is not a MVP canidate.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
i like how every laker homer or kobe homer has to take it personally when kobe isnt mentioned as a MVP candidate.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
BEEZ said:

Discuss
James was mentioned as an MVP candidate when the Cavs were leading their division and had the second-best record in the East.

James' MVP candidacy has pretty much gone the way of the Cavs record.

Iverson and Bryant are just as much of candidates, which is to say, not.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts